Kazakh-Turkish high schools win 16 medals in science competition


Date posted: November 13, 2009

Students from Kazak-Turkish high schools in Kazakhstan won 16 medals in the MOSTRATEC science and technology competition, held in Brazil, the Anatolia news agency reported yesterday.

Twenty-two countries submitted 274 projects in total. The competition, held in Novo Hamburg on Oct. 26-31, aims to bring students from diverse backgrounds together and instill a love for scientific research, guided by the scientific method. Kazak-Turkish schools students also took the first place as a team.

Students from Kazak-Turkish high schools won 11 gold, two silver and three bronze medals. Nariman Kalikov, Adilbek Sapiyev and Bibigül Janahmetova from the Astana Girls and Astana Boys high schools; Botazgoz Nadirova, Ruskhal Turganbekova and Hanzada Mirzabekova from Kızılorda Girls high school; Yernazar Sapashev, Galimzhan Asilhanov and Timur Kusdavletov from the Oral Kazak-Turkish high school; Bahtiyar Kozhamzhar from Astana Nurorda Kazak-Turkish high school; and Galymzhan Tleboldinov from Almaty Boys Kazak-Turkish high school won a gold medal. Aias Alimbeker and Diyas Assanov from the Issık Kazak-Turkish high school earned a silver medal, and Mamyraim Ashirbayev, Nursultan Turekulov and Nurbol Abdualiyev from Almaty Boys Kazak-Turkish high school took bronze.

Brazilian organizers also awarded Kazak-Turkish schools teachers Indira Tolepbergenova and Muammer Gul who were leading the team in Brazil.

Source: Today’s Zaman November 5, 2009 and Gazetegercek.COM November 9, 2009


Related News

Nigeria won’t allow mistreatment of her students by Turkey – Presidency

According to Dabiri-Erewa: “The Federal Government is taking the detention of Nigerian students by Turkish authorities seriously. It seems that Turkey is trying to get at Nigeria for our failure to close down the 17 schools they requested. The government did not close down these schools because their owners and managers, who are private people have not breached Nigerian laws.”

New developments regarding Gülen movement

MURAT YETKIN FROM RADIKAL DAILY I was first introduced to the Fethullah Gülen-inspired schools when I visited them as a journalist while following trips abroad by former President Süleyman Demirel. Since then I have been wondering why the Turkish state is reluctant to make use of such a great opportunity. By “state” I do not […]

Culture Day Celebrated In The Turkish Schools

MARAM ALABBASI The Turkish School celebrated Culture Day on 25 April in the capital, Sana’a. The event had many cultures represented, including the Pakistani, Indian, Turkish and Yemeni cultures. The Minister of Culture, Abdullah Aobal was present, along with several ambassadors. Turkish ambassador Fazli Corman told the audience that “cultural relations between the two countries […]

Saudi journalist with links to king visits Erdogan rival Gulen

In a post on Instagram, publisher of the London-based Elaph news site Othman al-Omeir, who is known for having strong relations with Saudi King Salman, told his followers that he was excited to be meeting such “an influential person in the Middle East” in reference to Gulen.

Top court annuls controversial law on prep school closure

Turkey’s Constitutional Court has annulled a controversial law seeking to close down dershanes, or private preparatory schools, in a landmark ruling that will influence the lives and futures of millions of students, parents and teachers across the country.

Parents of Nigerian-Turkish International College students decry call to close schools

Mr. Abudulahi, a professor, added that the schools were playing very significant role in the development of education in Nigeria and should not be closed. He said that the school was one of the most secured in the country, adding that even in the hit of Boko Haram activities in the North ast, it remained open in Yobe. He further added that so long as the NTIC had operated within the laws of Nigeria, it should be allowed to remain in operation.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish coup was Erdogan ‘gift’

Better late than never: Gülen’s Kurdish education initiative

Izetbegovic praises Turkish schools and universities abroad

Veteran out of social security coverage after being dismissed in post-coup purge

Families Of Afghan-Turk School Students Hold Protest In Kabul [against Turkish Gov’t]

Turkish schools in Romania celebrate 20th year

Gülen’s lawyer, Court of Appeals deny claims of AK Party official

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News