Minister: Turkey confiscated $4 bln worth of Gülenist property


Date posted: September 1, 2016

Some TL 12 billion (about $4 billion) in property has been transferred to the Treasury as part of an investigation into the Gülen movement, said Minister for Environment and Urbanization Mehmet Özhaseki on Thursday.

“A total of 2,514 properties have been transferred to the Treasury and 2,083 properties to the Directorate General of Foundations. Property valued at approximately TL 12 billion has been transferred to the Treasury,” said Özhaseki, speaking to the state-run Anadolu new agency.

The Turkish government has launched a witch-hunt against people who are sympathizers of Fethullah Gülen, a Turkish Islamic scholar who has lived in self-imposed exile in the US since 1999. Over 4,000 people were detained, more than 900 were arrested and some 300 companies including banks, hospitals and media had been seized by the government by mid-2016.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the government turned the witch-hunt into an all out-war against the movement hours after a bloody coup attempt on July 15.

Immediately after the putsch, the government along with Erdoğan pinned the blame on the Gülen movement without credible evidence. Despite the fact that the movement as well as Gülen denied the accusation, some 82,000 people have been purged from state bodies, over 40,000 detained and more than 20,000 arrested since the coup attempt. Arrestees include journalists, judges, prosecutors, police and military officers, businessmen, academics, governors and even a comedian.

Source: Turkish Minute , September 1, 2016


Related News

Turkmen Alevite Association and Kimse Yok Mu distribute aid to 1840 families in Ramadan

Özdemir Özdemir, president of Turkmen Alevite Association, thanked Kimse Yok Mu and expressed that Ramadan is an important time for Alevite-Sunni brotherhood. Two organizations worked together, showing a good example of solidarity and brotherhood. The Alevite association identified 1840 needy families in Ankara and distributed food packages, which were supported by Kimse Yok Mu.

Turkish spies working for President Erdogan ‘infiltrate Germany’s migrant community’

Turks, who make up the majority of Germany’s immigrant community, claim their schools and mosques are being spied on by Erdogan’s undercover agents to root out supporters of Fethullah Gülen – the man the Turkish president claims is behind July’s bloody military coup.

Arrested Turkish TV chief writes an open letter from his jail cell

Hidayet Karaca, an executive with a leading Turkish TV network, has been in prison since 14 December last year on charges of leading a terrorist group. Karaca, general manager of the Samanyolu Broadcasting Group, was arrested along with more than two dozen senior journalists and media executives. Most were soon released.

Turkish police to detain another woman immediately after delivery

A group of police officers awaited outside a private hospital in Yalova province of Turkey in order to detain a woman who had given birth several hours earlier, according to a tweet by MağduriyetlerTR account.

10-year-old girl dies in traffic accident while on way to visit to imprisoned father

10-year-old girl of an imprisoned man named Ali Osman Özcan died in a traffic accident while on her way to visit the father in an Elazig prison on Monday.

Gülen calls on int’l community to pressure Turkey over rights violations

Turkish-Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has made a call to the international community, asking them to warn Turkish authorities to take the necessary measures to restore the rule of law and protect fundamental human rights in the country.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Henri Barkey: Why Is Turkey Accusing Me of Plotting a Coup?

AfSV Statement on the Turkish government’s detainment of Kutbettin Gülen

Pak-Turk Inter-School Math Olympiad: Prize distribution ceremony held

Mother detained over Gülen links while twins left in intensive care

Junior Coalition Partner Demands Explanation Why Bulgarian Govt Turned over Abdullah Buyuk to Turkey

Light Academy schools groom global citizens

Purge accelerates Islamist radicalization in Turkey

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News