Pak-Turk schools replace Turkish principals with Pakistanis


Date posted: August 10, 2016

Haider Ali Sindhu

ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Paving the way for a drastic shuffle in Pak-Turk schools, as many as 28 principles of the schools have been removed from their posts having Turkish nationality. Moreover, Board of Directors have also been dissolved in a latest move.

The decision to reorganize the network of schools run by Gulen supporters came after Erdogan administration pushed Pakistan to take action against the network as Turkey considers Fethullah Gulen behind the botched coup and consequently wants an end to promotion of Gulen ideology.

A source in the federal government told Dawn that the Turkish government had suggested handing over of the chain to an international NGO having links with the Erdogan administration.

A source privy to the developments told that the Turkish nationals holding managerial designations will now serve as teachers in Pak-Turk schools. Reportedly, a new six-member BoD with complete local representation had been formed to run the affairs of the school.

Last week, during an official visit to Islamabad, Turkish Foreign Minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, stressed the chain of ‘Gulen-run’ schools in Pakistan should be shut down. The latest move is perceived as Pakistan’s reply to the request.

On the other hand, Islamabad-Parents Teacher Association of Pak-Turk School on Tuesday held a press conference to address the concerns of parents over news reports regarding closure and transfer of the schools.

The press conference was headed by Hafiz SA Rehman, one of the parents besides being a senior lawyer of Supreme Court of Pakistan conducting and pleading as counsel the case of Pak-Turk institution in Islamabad High Court.

Hafiz SA Rehman on behalf of all the school management, parents and students said, “Our sympathies and good wishes go in the best interest of Turkey. But we are also extremely disturbed by attempts by certain segments to impute political and even terrorist linkages with the Pak-Turk schools that are capable of stigmatizing and jeopardizing our children as students and us as parents” SA Rehman said according to The Nation.

 

Source: Daily Pakistan , August 10, 2016


Related News

‘All religious groups and communities face great danger’

Religious sociologist Muhammet Çakmak is of the view that the logic of, “You are either with us or you are nothing,” threatens all religious groups and communities in Turkey. He also holds that this approach has no scholarly value or validity.

NPR’s Interview with Gulen – He Denies Involvement In Coup Attempt

From his exile compound in the Poconos, the cleric accused by the Turkish government of leading a failed coup attempt last year, Fethullah Gulen, denies any involvement.

Student from Pak-Turk school to represent Pakistan

A Pakistani-Turkish school student will represent Pakistan in an international science Olympiad in the US. Habibullah Hal Muhammad from Lahore’s Pak-Turk International School and College was named Intel grand winner in a project competition held on Tuesday as part of the Intel National Science Fair. His project, “Organic Battery,” will represent Pakistan at the International Science and Engineering Fair 2011 in Los Angeles, California.

Amnesty International researcher criticizes witch-hunt in Turkey

Amnesty International’s Turkey researcher has leveled sharp criticism against Turkey over ongoing purges that have followed a failed coup attempt in July and said arrests and firings over alleged links to the Gülen movement have now turned into a wide-ranging witch-hunt. He said arrest and detentions, which are based on no evidence, are bound to inflict damage to the notions of rule of law and freedom of expression.

Not appearing in the worst selfie in history

For a while now, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has been busy with shutting down Turkish schools — affiliated with the Hizmet movement, which is inspired by the teachings of Islamic cleric Fethullah Gülen — in 160 countries which were opened thanks to the small contributions and tears of the people of this country.

Of judges and coupists – Recent coup attempt in Turkey

Let me put it on record that I’m one of the few who strongly believe the alleged coup attempt could have been stage-managed to give Tayyip Recep Erdogan the justification to clamp down on real and perceived opponents to his ambition to rewrite the constitution and transfer the centre of executive power from the office of the Prime Minister to the office of the President, which he presently occupies.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

TUSKON says systematic campaign of defamation under way

Kosovo investigates seizure of Turkish nationals

AK Party-Hizmet clash a blessing for world Muslims

Egyptian Congressmen Visited the Turkish School in Cairo

AFSV Statement on Media and Business Crackdown

Turkish Businesses Snagged In Government’s Post-Coup Crackdown

Turkish charities ready to deliver aid during Eid al-Adha

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News