Bank Asya’s corporate governance rating increases


Date posted: June 30, 2014

 
ISTANBUL
Bank Asya, a leading Turkish financial institution, announced on Sunday that their corporate governance rating had increased in June over its score from last year.

The bank released the figures in an announcement addressed to the Public Disclosure Forum (KAP). According to a recent report prepared by the Capital Markets Board (SPK), Bank Asya’s corporate governance rating increased from 84.20 in June 2013 to 90.85 in June of this year.

The founders of Bank Asya are known for being affiliated with the Hizmet movement, inspired by Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen. News reports circulated earlier this year indicating the government had attempted to sabotage the bank, as corporations with close ties to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan withdrew upwards of TL 4 billion from their accounts, accounting for nearly one-fifth of the bank’s deposits.

Source: Todays Zaman , June 29, 2014


Related News

Starting a witch hunt [against the Hizmet movement]

The discourse Justice and Development Party (AK Party) Chairman and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan relies on to intimidate his opponents has taken on a whole different dimension. The prime minister argues that his election victory in the March 30 local elections gives him the right to combat the Hizmet movement, which he refers to as the “parallel state” or “parallel structure.”

Gülen: The coup attempt was an outrageous scenario constructed by Erdoğan

“Last year’s failed coup attempt in Turkey [was] nothing but a false flag orchestrated by Turkey’s autocratic President Erdoğan and his henchmen to create a pretext for [the] mass persecution of critics and opponents in a state of perpetual emergency,” SCF concluded.

Sarıgül’s first election promise: to protect İstanbul’s historic skyline

When asked to address claims that he is supported by the Hizmet movement led by Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, Sarıgül said he is at peace with all segments of society and that he would be grateful for the support of anyone who gives it.

Astonishing questions about the failed coup attempt in Turkey

Many people watching the stunning events in Turkey believe that the coup attempt was nothing but a pure ‘theater.’ The leader of the coup was a pro-Erdogan General Mehmet Disli, brother of AKP deputy Saban Disli, who defines himself as Erdogan’s confidante. The poorly-planned coup attempt has started with the capture of Istanbul’s Bosporus Bridge. […]

Turkey’s Reichstag Fire

President Erdoğan, apparently a firm believer in the adage that a good scandal should never go to waste, authorized an immediate crackdown against so-called Gülenists. The numbers are dizzying. In less than a week after the coup attempt, the government detained 6,823 soldiers, 2,777 judges and prosecutors (including two judges on the Turkish Constitutional Court), and dozens of governors.

Opposition asks for parliamentary session on MİT wiretapping

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen will file a criminal complaint against those responsible for the illegal wiretapping of his phone conversations, Gülen’s lawyer Nurullah Albayrak said in a written statement on Tuesday.
Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) İstanbul deputy Ferit Mevlüt Aslanoğlu called for a parliamentary session to inform the deputies about the technical details of wiretapping.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Police report accuses Gülen based on fabricated ‘gov’t media’ stories

Parents protest deportation of Pak-Turk School’s teachers, staff

Kimse Yok Mu sends aid materials with 24 trucks for Syrian refugees

AFSV Statement on Turkish Government Actions against Free Media

U.S.-based Turkish cleric says used as scapegoat in graft scandal

Alleged Hizmet link in Hablemitoğlu murder a lie, says widow

Government cuts off funds for disabled child over father’s Gülen links

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News