MHP asks gov’t how many state officials reassigned after graft scandal


Date posted: May 24, 2014

ANKARA

Opposition Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) Ankara deputy Özcan Yeniçeri submitted a parliamentary question to the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government asking how many state officials or civil servants have been reassigned or dismissed by each ministry since a major corruption scandal erupted that implicated top government officials.

Yeniçeri directed his request to Parliament Speaker Cemil Çiçek, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and all other ministries. Asking for a written response, Yeniçeri’s question said: “What is the exact number of individuals who have been reassigned, dismissed or promoted at the institutions and organizations under the Prime Ministry and all other ministries since Dec. 17, 2013? Who are those individuals and what were their duties? What were the reasons for their reassignments, dismissals or promotions?”

Yeniçeri also asked how many of those reassigned or dismissed had filed a complaint against any institution or organization under the Prime Ministry or any other ministry since Dec. 17 of last year and for the names and duties of those individuals.Since the widespread corruption and bribery investigation became public, thousands of police officers have been reassigned or removed from their posts because of alleged links to the Hizmet movement, inspired by the teachings of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen. The government and circles close to it have accused the movement of manufacturing the corruption investigation in an effort to topple the government.

In addition to the thousands of police officers, the government has replaced the prosecutors who initiated the investigation as well as dozens of officials at various state institutions, including public prosecutors’ offices.

 

Source: Todays Zaman , May 23, 2014


Related News

GYV says Gülen did not send letter to Erdoğan

“In those days [of the corruption debate], it was conveyed to us that President Abdullah Gül, having held meetings with various groups in the name of peace for the nation and to prevent debates from escalating further, wished to send an envoy to Gülen to transmit his thoughts as well as to learn Gülen’s considerations,” Şimşek explained.

Le Monde: Ankara offered Senegalese government $7.5 million to transfer Yavuz Selim educational group to Maarif

“I don’t even know who Gülen or (Turkish President Recep Tayyip) Erdoğan are,” mother Oury Mbaye told the website following reports her child’s school could be handed over to the Turkish government-controlled Maarif Foundation. “If they are imposing managers on me that have no experience in education, I will transfer my children to a French school. I did not choose Maarif.”

Tensions rise in Germany’s Turkish diaspora, mirroring splits in Turkey

The group has been active in Germany for many years, operating 150 tutoring centres in the country, 30 government-recognised schools and a dozen interfaith dialogue projects. It has long been seen as a moderate Islamic group although it has faced criticism over a lack of transparency.

Tape politics

Someone placed a bugging device to wiretap the prime minister in a room that was being placed under constant surveillance. What is easier than catching the perpetrators behind this? Who entered and left the room should have been recorded. This incident took place in 2011 but as of now, this still remains unresolved and the Hizmet movement is being blamed for it.

MGK plan in action

A National Security Council (MGK) plan — dated Aug. 24, 2004, titled the “Plan to Crack Down on the Fethullah Gülen Group in Turkey” and undersigned by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, ministers and military commanders of the time — is already being implemented. Though the government claims it was not put into action, there are several indications to suggest that the MGK plan is in effect.

Kalashnikov-carrying police raid Gülen-inspired private and prep schools based on ‘reasonable suspicion’

Police carrying Kalashnikov rifles and inspectors from a number of government bodies raided 14 private and prep schools in Mardin province on Tuesday based on “reasonable suspicion” that the schools are involved in tax fraud, a move that comes as part of the government-orchestrated operation targeting the faith-based Gülen movement, popularly known as the Hizmet movement.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

The Muslim Way to React

UN demands access to 3 Turks forcibly returned from Malaysia

Erdoğan’s stance on Turkish Schools turns to hatred after corruption probes

White House courts int’l students as language festival concludes in DC

Pak Turk International Schools, Colleges Organize 14th Inter-School Mathematics Olympiad

Did Turkey Really Save Democracy On July 15?

The 26th meeting of “Covering Turkey:” the past, present and future of prep schools

Copyright 2025 Hizmet News