Logistics companies seized over Gülen links sold in fast-track auction


Date posted: July 31, 2021

Turkey’s Savings Deposit Insurance Fund (TMSF) announced it has sold Sürat Kargo and Sürat Lojistik, private logistics companies that had been transferred to the TMSF due to their alleged affiliation with the Gülen movement, for TL 335 million ($40 million), the Kronos news website reported on Friday.

Numerous private companies were transferred to TMSF due to their alleged links to the Gülen movement before and after a failed coup in 2016.

The ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) and its leader President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan accuse the movement of orchestrating the abortive putsch, although it strongly denies any involvement.

Sürat Kargo and Sürat Lojistik were operating under Kaynak Holding, which was seized by the government in 2015.

According to a statement posted on the TMSF website, three bids were submitted for the companies, with the highest TL 327.5 million, and during the auction phase, conducted based on the highest bid offered during the first phase, a bidder agreed to pay TL 355.5 million.

The fast-track sale of the companies only TL 10 million over their estimated value as well as the short period allowed for submitting bids — 10 days including the Eid al-Adha holiday — has led some to question whether the bidding process was arranged.

Journalist İbrahim Kahveci from the Karar daily asked why the TMSF acted so hastily in selling Sürat Kargo while choosing to act slowly in tenders with lower estimated values.

“Was the buyer selected beforehand? Did they think they should sell it immediately after finding a potential buyer? The sale price was just TL 10.5 million over the estimated value of TL 325 million. Who were the bidders and who won the tender? Are all these trade secrets?” Kahveci asked.

Source: Turkish Minute , July 30, 2021


Related News

Gov’t targets Hizmet to distract attention from corruption, says director

Demirkubuz believes that all the “good things” that the government did prior to the 2010 referendum were to guarantee its position, rather than celebrating the rule of law and justice, as evidenced by the fact that the prosecutors who were called heroes yesterday are called traitors today. Demirkubuz urged society to go through an exercise of self-criticism in terms of the preference for power over freedoms.

Bilal Erdogan: Italy names Turkish president’s son in money laundering investigation allegedly connected to political corruption

Bilal Erdigan, son of the Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, is under investigation in Italy for money laundering, in connection, it has been claimed, with the 2013 corruption scandal that rocked the Turkish political establishment. The Bologna public prosecutor has opened a file on Bilal Erdogan after a key opponent of the Turkish regime officially denounced the president’s son, alleging he brought in large amounts of money to Italy last September to be recycled.

Alleged Hizmet link in Hablemitoğlu murder a lie, says widow

The wife of murdered academic Necip Hablemitoğlu has said a recent attempt to establish a connection between the assassination of her husband and the Hizmet movement is an effort to turn her against the movement.

Erdogan Purge Against Gulenists Could Prove Lucrative

The power struggle between the Turkish state and the Fethullah Gulen-led Hizmet Movement continues to reverberate in Turkey. The number detained, arrested, jailed, and dismissed from their jobs since the July 15 coup attempt has reached well over 100,000, 40,000 of whom have been detained on suspicion of having links with Hizmet. One third of the highest-ranking armed forces officers have been dismissed. Almost every major institution—military, judiciary, media, education, business—has been affected.

Albania deports Gülen follower at Turkey’s request despite court rejection of extradition

Albanian authorities on Wednesday deported Harun Çelik, a Turkish teacher at a school affiliated with the faith-based Gülen movement in Albania, to Turkey despite a court order releasing him from his five-month incarceration over an extradition request from Ankara.

Turkish IT Technician Found Dead While Fleeing To Greece

The body of a Turkish IT specialist, who was fleeing Turkish crackdown, was recovered from a river that divides Turkish-Greek territory. Mr. Zumre is not the only one who tried to cross the Meric river into Greece. Hundreds of professors, journalists, and sacked public employees crossed the river to reach Greece. Many of them are living in Greek refugee camps.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

TUSİAD chairman says does not see ‘parallel structure’ within state

Ambassadors uneasy over Erdoğan’s orders concerning graft probe

This notable Pocono resident has been living here in exile since 1999

Anonymous witnesses fail to identify suspects they earlier tipped off as Gulenist

Turkey Coup Attempt Explained

Introducing the Hizmet Movement

Der Spiegel: Turkish embassies pursuing Erdoğan critics in 35 countries

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News