25-year-old woman escapes Turkey’s witch-hunt as Bosnia grants asylum


Date posted: April 27, 2018

A 25-year-old woman, identified as H.G., was granted asylum by Bosnian court which dismissed Turkey’s request for extradition, according to media.

Reuters reported on Monday that H.G. an appeal court in Bosnia last month ruled against the extradition of H.G. on the grounds that she had requested asylum in Bosnia before Turkey had asked for her extradition.

A source with the knowledge of the matter told Reuters that Turkey has requested the extradition of several more people who have arrived in Bosnia after the coup attempt.

Turkey’s zeal to hunt down Gulenists

Turkey accuses Gulen followers for the July 15, 2016 failed coup while the group denies involvement. More than 160,000 people have been detained and some 80,000 were put in pretrial arrest while over 150,000 have lost their jobs amid the government’s post-coup crackdown against people deemed to have ties to the group.

A total of 80 people affiliated the Gülen group has been captured and brought to Turkey from 18 different countries, Turkish government spokesman Bekir Bozdağ said on Apr 5.

At least 4,167 in 110 countries are being investigated in Turkey over their links to the Gulen movement, the state-run Anadolu news agency (AA) said last week.

 

Source: Turkey Purge , April 23, 2018


Related News

Helping hands to Kosova

Turkey extended a helping hand to Kosova, the ninth poorest country of the world, through Kimse Yok Mu Relief Foundation. Responding to cries of the orphans in the country, which gained independence in 2008, Kimse Yok Mu Relief Foundation distributed a variety of supplies ranging from sewing machines to goreceries, stationeries to toys. Aids have been distributed to those who became widows and orphans for the sake of their country’s independence. Among volunteers, there were Mujgan Koralturk, who plays Dilan character in the famous series ‘Tek Turkiye’, and Aslihan Erkisi, a famous vocal artist.

A Peace Conference to be held at UN in Geneva

The Journalists and Writers Foundation (JWF) and Dialog-Institut, in partnership with other civil society organizations, will organize Geneva Peace Conference: Mobilizing Civil Society for Building Peace on October 24, 2014 at United Nations Office in Geneva. Several important factors for peaceful coexistence will be discussed, including the roles of freedom of religion, media and education as catalysts in the process of creating conditions for such coexistence.

Our three-month ordeal in Turkey’s maximum prison -Nigerian students detained over coup saga

Notwithstanding such aims and the benefits to Turkish citizens and others around the globe who enjoy scholarship and the benefits of quality education, all such pro-Gülen educational organisations, including the ones established in Nigeria have been branded as enemies by the Turkish government. “I have never heard that the Turkish schools in Nigeria have done anything illegally since the time they began operation in Nigeria; I attended one of such excellent schools so, I see no reason why the school should be closed,” Mohamed said.

Erdoğan using hate speech against Gülen movement, says MEP

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s accusations against a faith-based movement led by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen amidst a corruption scandal are both uncalled for and amount to “a kind of hate speech” that has the risk of sparking violence against the group, a senior member of the European Parliament has said.

86-year-old man in 11th month of his arrest on coup charges

Ali Osman Karahan, an 86-year-old Turkish man with walking and speaking difficulties has been kept in an Isparta prison for almost 12 months over alleged links to Turkey’s Gülen group, which Turkish authorities accuse of being behind a failed coup attempt in July of last year.

Fethullah Gulen says will return to Turkey if US backs extradition

Calling for an international probe into the accusation, Gulen told ZDF that he would be ready to answer to such an investigation. “If their accusations stand, then I will accept what they want. But they have neither succeeded in showing any concrete proof nor given an answer to my suggestion. Therefore, these are all just mere assertions,” he said.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu drills 1,396 wells in Africa

Cambodian PM congratulates students from Turkish high school on GENIUS Olympiad success

Turkish doctors save lives in the Philippines

Disregard call to close Turkish schools – Proprietors tell Nigerian govt

PM Erdoğan continues with insults, threats against Hizmet movement

What is wrong with independent journalism?

Today’s Zaman’s Mahir Zeynalov leaves Turkey under deportation threat

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News