Fountain Magazine Essay Contest


Date posted: October 30, 2017

Hurricanes, tropical storms, earthquakes … More and more, humans are being affected by natural disasters. But life’s challenges do not come only in the form of natural disasters – individuals have to face all sorts of disasters in their personal lives. Sometimes it’s the loss of a loved one or a job, or even a loss of faith; it could be having to abandon one’s home due to war or persecution at the hands of a tyrant. Some disasters may seem smaller at first glance, but can feel just as consequential – a first gray hair, a failed class, getting passed over for a promotion … the list goes on and on.

A life with no disasters is a fantasy. All of us face them – both personally and globally – sooner or later. Then, how should we face a disaster? Just as we take measures while constructing buildings on a fault line, can we be always prepared? How do we defend our inner peace when facing danger?

Tell us how you survive difficult times. Give us your best advice. Share your greatest life lesson.

  • Deadline for submissions: January 31, 2018
  • Contest open to all writers worldwide
  • Essay word count must be between 1,500 and 2,500
  • Essays must be submitted as Word document only through the essay contest page at www.fountainmagazine.com/essaycontest

Cash prizes:

  •   1st Place – $1,000
  •   2nd Place – $500
  •   3rd Place – $300

Two Honorable Mentions – $150 each

 

Source: Fountain Magazine


Related News

500 Food Packages to 500 Families

Waiting for Helping hands.Helping hands relief foundation and Turkish Cultural Center are cooperatively working to help the needy in upstate New York. Helping Hands Relief foundation will distribute food packages to more than 500 families from Myanmar, and Somalia to provide temporary relief during 2013.Each food packet contains about 10 pounds of food, and is […]

Gülen’s speech broadcast live for first time after website banned

A speech by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who lives in Pennsylvania in self-imposed exile, was broadcast live on YouTube and a number of stations for the first time on Sunday, after Turkey’s state-controlled Internet watchdog blocked access to herkul.org, a website that previously was used to broadcast his speeches.

The Atlantic Institute announces the Art & Essay Contest winners

The Atlantic Institute has announced the 11th year winners of its traditional Art & Essay Contest. This academic year’s theme was “Compassion in Action… Caring Matters!” Awards Ceremony will be held at noon on Saturday, April 15th, 2017.

Gulen Institute Youth Platfrom announces essay contest: ‘Hospitality in the Global Village’

The Gulen Institute Youth Platform has announced its “Annual Essay Contest” topic for 2013: Hospitality in the Global Village. The Gulen Institute Youth Platform encourages all high school students from the U.S. and from around the world to participate the contest. The youth platform hopes that this essay will help young minds define problems related […]

American reporters got an intriguing glimpse into the political mind-set in Turkey

Turkish leaders said they were astonished that they had so far been unsuccessful in persuading the United States Justice Department to even ask a federal judge to extradite Fethullah Gulen. The Turkish government said it had provided the United States with extensive proof against Mr. Gulen, who has denied involvement. But Turkish officials refused in several interviews to publicize a single piece of that evidence.

White House denies remarks about Gülen attributed to Obama

In an unusual statement, the White House has accused Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan of misrepresenting the content of his phone conversation with US President Barack Obama on Feb. 19 regarding the extradition of Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who lives in Pennsylvania.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

The Other Side of the Ocean – What Happened in Pennsylvania?

Saylorsburg protesters focus on Turkish cleric

Turkey-Kurdistan Regional Government ties: How and why did they improve this much?

Turkish court: There is no Gulen terror organization

Deputy PM denies profiling of citizens in gov’t, private sector

60-year old man covers 309 km in 17 days to protest son’s arrest on coup charges

Followers of Multiple Faiths Join at Columbia University for Iftar

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News