Gülen’s followers banned from mosque in Germany


Date posted: September 19, 2016

The discriminative practices backed by Turkey’s top state-officials has taken a new turn with sympathizers of the Gülen Movement (a.k.a. Hizmet) being denied entry to a mosque in Germany.

According to a video posted by Mehmet Cerit, the editor of Zaman Vandaag, an overseas subsidiary of the government-seized Turkish daily Zaman, a man is seen turning away the people whom he considered Hizmet members, just before the Friday prayer in a mosque in Germany.

The man is heard saying: “I kill you,” to those trying to enter the mosque.

Despite an attempted help from another man –seen with beard–, alleged sympathizers of the movement failed to make up into the mosque.

“Shame on you, I will report you to police,” one of the men banned from mosque yelled in muffled voice before leaving the scene.

“You can report to whomever you want,” another man is heard.

The Turkish government accuses Hizmet of masterminding a coup attempt on July 15 but lacks credible evidence to back up its claims in the eyes of many analysts. The movement, meanwhile, denies involvement, criticizing any intervention into democratically elected administrations.

With a fair trial of coup suspects unlikely to take place any time soon, top state officials have been intensifying with every passing day its discriminatory discourse against Hizmet followers. Divisive language is used by some followers of Erdoğan as well.

At least 35 incidents have been reported involving threats against Hizmet members in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) alone, Ralf Jäger, NRW’s interior minister, told Deutsche Welle last week.

Hizmet members have been prevented from observing Friday prayers in DITIB mosques in the cities of Bergneustadt and Waldbröd in NRW, Jäger said, adding that police found banners hung on the walls of another DITIB mosque in Hagen that read “Infidels out!”

Source: Turkey Purge , Sep 18, 2016


Related News

Evolution of the Gulen [Hizmet] Movement

HizmetNews.COM  November  14, 2012 Members of the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) gathered in Washington DC for a follow up discussion on the Gulen Movement on October 19, 2012. The group’s director Dr. Bulent Aliriza hosted the discussion… and said that the Gulen movement, perhaps more than any other in overall Turkish picture, […]

How strong is the Gülen movement in France?

Nihat Sarier, the president of the Parisian Platform, who defines his society as ‘a centre for reflexion, debate and social action inspired by the ideas of Gülen’, before admitting ‘it is true that it organized several thematic trips to Turkey, focused on secularism, minorities’ rights, women’s rights, in partnership with French institutions’.

‘Let my husband go to another country, just not Turkey’

Turkish citizen Turgay Karaman fears being deported back to Turkey, his wife Ayse Gul said today. “If his arrest has anything to do with political matters, and if the Malaysian authorities don’t want him here, they can send him to any other country but just not Turkey, because they will torture him there,” she told a press conference after the meeting.

Kemalo-Islamists versus civil society and Hizmet

İHSAN YILMAZ When summarizing the recent Cabinet meeting to correspondents, the speaker of the Cabinet, Bülent Arınç, referred to a religious concept, “fitnah” (sedition). He was implying that the Hizmet movement was engaged in an illegitimate psychological media campaign against his government. He even a recited a hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) on fitnah […]

Well-known sociologist says Gülen’s name on terrorist list ’alarming’

The chairman of the philosophy department at Texas Tech University, prominent sociologist Mark Webb, has said that the branding of Fethullah Gülen as a terrorist, is a “very alarming development.”

Leaked emails reveal Erdoğan’s son-in-law’s team fabricated news against Gülen in US

An email included in Wikileaks’ Monday publication of the leaked emails of Berat Albayrak, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s son-in-law and Turkey’s minister of energy, shows that Albayrak fabricated news with pro-government people in the United States in order to defame the Gülen movement in the US media.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Özfatura: Erdoğan does not want civil society that is not pro-AK Party

Abrupt gov’t decision to revoke status of Kimse Yok Mu draws criticism

World Refugee Day Message from Fethullah Gülen

What does religion have to do with corruption?

AKP official: Let sacked public servants eat tree roots

Prep school transformation plan violates Constitution, experts say

Ban Ki-moon (UN Secretary General) sent a message to IFLC

Copyright 2025 Hizmet News