African students sad over govt’s move to wipe out Kimse Yok Mu


Date posted: October 7, 2014

African students who have been sponsored by Kimse Yok Mu in their studies in Turkey are worried about the recent government action. The Somali and Congolese students studying in the Kayseri province of Turkey said, “We would not be able to study at high schools and universities in Turkey without Kimse Yok Mu’s assistance. It’s been covering our school, clothing, food, shelter and medical expenses since the beginning.”

The government’s recent move to rescind the organization’s license to collect donation drew criticisms from various circles. Besides the foundation officials, several NGOs and politicians, the student recipients too reacted to the decision.

KYM brought over 350 high school students to Turkey three years ago and has been sponsoring them ever since in their studies. 12 of them, 9 Somali and 3 Congolese students currently at grade 12, have been studying at Kilicarslan High School and fear the decision will affect their education in a negative way.

“Thanks Allah Kimse Yok Mu brought us here,” said the Somali Eyup Ali Hassan. “It’s been still funding our every expense from education to food. We are also receiving monetary assistance.” Hassan noted he was introduced to Turkey through KYM and recalled the foundation built a hospital, water wells and a orphanage in his country. Regarding the government’s recent decision to rescind the foundation’s license to collect donation, he said, “As far as I’m concerned, the government is against KYM. But if it wasn’t for KYM, we would have been able to come here and study at high schools and universities. I would like to go back to my country and serve for our people’s benefit after graduation.”

Another student, Muhammed Kasım Addow, said he will tell about the good moments he experienced in Turkey when he returns his country. “Many thanks to Kimse Yok Mu contributing to our education.”

The Congolese Zekeriya Ndombo said he intends to be a teacher. “If it wasn’t for KYM, I wouldn’t have been able to come here to study at this school. My parents wouldn’t have been able to afford my education either. KYM brought me here with the money from its donors. They’ve been doing anything for us.”

The school’s vice-principal Cumhur Cetin, who is like a second father to the foreign students, stressed the donations need to continue for the education of these students. “If these donations stop, I think, it will not be good for the future of both these students and their countries. This organization should its existence for the sake of all the aid efforts around the globe.”

Published [in Turkish] on Bugun, 1 October 2014, Wednesday

Source: HizmetMovement.Com , October 7, 2014


Related News

Somali students caring for the Soma orphans

The Somali students who were previously brought to Soma, Manisa, for study by Kimse Yok Mu Foundation (KYM) in 2011, recently donated stationery supplies for 105 orphans the mining disaster left behind.

Eid joy fills Kimse Yok Mu’s Ikbaliye town

Kimse Yok Mu Foundation carries on with its efforts in Pakistan, which welcome the Eid al-Adha two days late. Love and joy prevail in the Ikbaliye town, built by KYM following the most devastating flood of the century in 2010.

ACDC Builds Clean Water Well in Benin!

ACDC received 4.000 USD donation for building water well in Benin. We appreciate donors whom heard Benin People needs. KYM volunteers in Benin will start to build the water well in coming days.

‘Nigeria Moving Towards Peaceful, Happy Future’

Notwithstanding the series of conflicts in various parts of the country, there is a high hope that Nigeria is heading towards peace and a brighter future, Initiator of Hizmet Movement and foremost Turkey-based scholar, M. Fethullah Gulen, has declared. He disclosed this in a message to the Ufuk Dialogue’s 5th Dialogue and Peace Awards Ceremony, […]

Gülen’s message on ISIL in UK-based Guardian newspaper

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen’s message on the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) appeared on Wednesday in the UK-based Guardian newspaper. In the message, Gülen says the actions of ISIL are a “disgrace to the faith they proclaim and crimes against humanity.”

Hizmet movement and Kurdish question in Turkey

Through educational projects, the Hizmet movement helped to alter the social fabric of Turkish people who consciously or otherwise supported the institutional resistance of state and governmental bodies. Through dialogue and face-to-face encounters, Turkish people have had the chance to experience and feel the grievances of their Kurdish brothers and sisters and listen to their stories.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

4 people trying to escape persecution in Turkey missing after boat capsizes in Evros River

Turkish school in Romania moves to new building

Turkish Islamic scholar Gülen rejects any link to graft probe

Gülen’s critics have no supporting evidence, says academic

Hate Speech and Beyond: Targeting the Gülen Movement in Turkey

Pro-Erdoğan journalist: Gülen followers should be kept in detention camps, given food tickets

A notable award for Mongolian-Turkish schools

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News