Kimse Yok Mu providing assistance to Ebola victims in Guinea


Date posted: April 30, 2014

GUINEA

Turkish aid organization Kimse Yok Mu has been supplying medical aid to Guinea since March, when the lethal Ebola virus struck the West African country, claiming 122 lives to date.

With the help of Guinean Minister of Family and Social Affairs Camara Sanaba Kaba and Guinean Minister of Communication Alousseni Makanera Kake, Kimse Yok Mu delivered aid from Turkey to areas most affected by the epidemic. The aid organization provided Guineans with 9,000 packages of detergent, 10,000 bottles of chlorine, one ton of soap, 200 bottles of antiseptic liquid, 1,000 masks and 50 boxes of gloves, valued at TL 50,000.

Veysel Kayabaşı, Kimse Yok Mu’s coordinator of health aid, said all border crossings to Guinea have been closed due to the Ebola epidemic and that more precautions are urgently needed to stop the virus from spreading. Kayabaşı added that they have been doing their best to stem the epidemic and explained that there is no known cure for Ebola. Experts have been warning locals not to eat wild animals or bats, which carry the disease; they are also being educated on hygiene. “We are supporting them by raising awareness,” Kayabaşı noted.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced that the Ebola virus, seen in Guinea for the first time in March, is the most dangerous virus that exists in the world. The WHO noted that 25 percent of people afflicted with Ebola end up dying; unless precautions are taken early, they warn, the death rate might rise to 90 percent.

It is estimated that nine out of 10 Ebola patients receive the virus from a wild animal; as such, consuming wild animal meat has been prohibited in the region.

Ebola was first seen in 1976 in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Since then, almost 300,000 people have died in 15 separate epidemics. Ebola is transmitted to humans via blood and other body fluids.

Source: Todays Zaman , April 29, 2014


Related News

AK Party deputy Hakan Şükür against closure of prep schools

Former national team captain and current Justice and Development Party (AK Party) İstanbul deputy Hakan Şükür, referring to the government’s plan to shut down prep schools, has said it was wrong to vote “yes” on their closure before a process is carried out which eliminates the need for the schools.

Panicky parents calmed over Feza Schools closure reports

The director assured the public that claims linking the institution to an alleged terror network were grossly untrue and a fabrication made with the intention of spoiling its image. “Our schools have no link with any terror group, we are a local registered charity organisation where every single sent obtained from schools fee is used for the redevelopment of the schools,” he added.

Kimse Yok Mu and Time to Help partnership for Kobani

Denmark’s Time to Help charity, joined by Kimse Yok Mu Foundation reaching out to millions in need around the globe, initiated a aid campaign for Syrians.

South Africa is not a hunting ground for Erdogan

South Africans know what it means to be detained without trial and tortured. With that history in mind, the ANC-led government is not about to extradite a list of Turkish expats working in South Africa to Turkey, where their detention and torture is likely.

Diagonal Dialogue from Turkey to Senegal

Teranga is another name for Senegal. It means hospitable in the Wolof language. It is a door that opens from the West to Africa and from Africa to the West. Here, the vast sand sea of Great Sahara comes to an end; desert gives way to the giant waves of the Atlantic Ocean and scorching […]

CHP: Anti-Hizmet ops were part of agreement between Erdoğan, military

Main opposition Republican People’s Democratic Party (CHP) İstanbul deputy Barış Yarkadaş has said the release of suspects in the historic Ergenekon trial and the government-initiated operations against the Hizmet movement were part of an agreement between President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the Turkish military.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Students from West Africa gather at Turkish school in Senegal

IFLC sends messages of peace in Germany, calls for Turkey to widen its horizon

Arbitrary intrusions and dangerous liaisons

Turkish NGO in Cambodia Denies Links to Terror

AST urges foreign governments to ensure safety for participants of Hizmet Movement

A serious question for a respected newspaper

Current defamation campaign against Hizmet was part of Ergenekon scheme

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News