Head of Azerbaijan’s Çağ Education Company denies authenticity of letter to Gülen


Date posted: March 5, 2014

BAKU

Enver Özeren, head of the executive board of Azerbaijan’s Çağ Education Company, has denied the authenticity of a letter he had supposedly written to Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen about the Hizmet movement in Azerbaijan, saying that the letter is nothing more than an attempt to pull Azerbaijan into the domestic turmoil that has been continuing in Turkey since Dec. 17 of last year.

 

Government claims that the Hizmet movement forms a “parallel state” in Turkey in the wake of a corruption scandal that hit Turkey on Dec. 17, 2013, implicating Iranian businessman Reza Zarrab, three minister’s sons and other high-ranking officials close to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, are affecting Azerbaijan, which neighbors Turkey and hosts dozens of educational institutions affiliated with the movement.

According to a Monday report by Azerbaijani news website axar.az, the letter, allegedly written by Özeren to Gülen, said that the movement had set up “cadres” in Azerbaijani institutions and had been negatively affected by the recent developments in Turkish domestic politics.

In reaction to the report, which spread across traditional and social media, Özeren described the letter as “fake,” saying it had been written by people who are jealous of the great success that Turkish educational institutions have had across Azerbaijan up to now.

“What is written in that letter is slander, false and black propaganda,” Özeren said in a press conference held in the Azerbaijani capital of Baku late on Monday.

“It is already 22 years since we [Turkish educational institutions] began operating in Azerbaijan. The main aim [of the letter] is to introduce shady aspects of the Turkish political agenda into Azerbaijan. We are acting within the framework of Azerbaijan’s legislation and functioning in connection with the Ministry of Education. Our activities are known by the relevant institutions of this country,” Özeren said.

He added that he has filed a criminal complaint against those responsible for disseminating the “fake” letter, adding that legal proceedings have been started over the letter, which he said was distributed as a part of a smear campaign against the Hizmet movement.

Source: Todays Zaman , March 5, 2014


Related News

Turkish daily Taraf accused of ‘spying’ and ‘terror acts’ for publishing state document

Daily Taraf, which published a document from a 2004 National Security Council (MGK) meeting about a state action plan against the activities of Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen’s movement, has been charged with “spying” and “terrorism,” in an investigation launched by the Istanbul Public Prosecutor.

Philippine education minister invites Turks to open more schools in his country

Philippine Minister of Education Armin Altamirano Luistro, attending a dinner organized by a Turkish foundation in Manila on Sunday evening, has invited more Turks to open new schools in his country. Sharing his feelings Mr. Luistro gave a message of intercultural dialogue. He said: “The speaker from Turkey Dr. Ahmet Muharrem Atlığ, is an Islamic religious scholar. And I am a Christian scholar. We talked about the same things during our speeches.

Embassies Embark on Diplomatic Moves for the Release of Detained Sierra Leonean in Turkey

David Junusa, a Sierra Leonean national who lives and works in Ankara was detained at the Kavaklidere Police Station in Ankara when he showed up to renew his expired residency permit.

Hate speech creates new opportunities for Hizmet movement

The effects of the ruling party’s persistent hate speech against the Hizmet movement on non- Hizmet groups can be examined by dividing the groups into two categories: conservative groups and other groups.

Pineapple republic!

It would be wonderful if those who refer to the Gülen movement as a terrorist group, label its volunteers as “assassins” or call Gülen a “fake prophet” could see the heartfelt applause the work done by this group [Gülen movement] elicits.

Fethullah Gulen Deplores Recent Attacks on Christians in Pakistan

Fethullah Gülen I am deeply saddened to learn about the bombing of a Christian church in Peshawar, Pakistan, which cost the lives 85 civilians and injured many others. I condemn this attack unequivocally and on this sad occasion reiterate my condemnation of all forms of terrorism regardless of perpetrators or their stated purposes. Any form […]

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Gülen discounts neither past nor modernity

Kimse Yok Mu volunteer doctors back from Central African Republic

Bank Asya sells stakes in 2 subsidiaries

Recalling Turkey’s ‘post-modern coup’

Fethullah Gülen in Indonesia

Academics: Hizmet a movement, not a gang; Gülen builds ties

Ex-minister denies claims over helping ‘parallel structure’ while in office

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News