Deputy PM of Turkey visits Gulen-inspired school in Yemen


Date posted: November 27, 2012

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc visited the International Yemen Turkish Schools as well as the Yemen office of TIKA, Turkey’s international cooperation and development agency, in capital Sana’a. During his visit to the Turkish schools complex, Arinc received information from the schools’ director, Mehmet Yilmaz.

The Turkish schools campus, a Gulen-inspired school, was inaugurated last month by Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu.

Arinc later paid a visit to the TIKA’s Yemen coordination office. He briefed Yemeni officials and Industry and Trade Minister Mohammad Saed al-Sabi about TIKA’s works.

“Turkey wants Yemen’s prosperity, security and development. We are ready to extend support to Yemen in the fields of health, education, transportation and infrastructure,” Arinc said.

The Turkish deputy premier will participate on Saturday in the 6th Turkey-Yemen Business Council and he will address Turkish businesspeople.

He will also meet with Yemeni President Abd al-Rab Mansur al-Hadi and Prime Minister Mohammed Salem Basindawa.

Arinc will depart from Yemen on Sunday after concluding his talks in the country.

Source: Anadolu Agency, 24 November 2012


Related News

Scintillating inventions by Northern Iraqi students

Ahmed Karani, Undersecretary to Education Minister at the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), was among the visitors of the fair. Karani found the students’ projects successful and scintillating. He also commended the students for their high academic level and accentuated the significance of fairs in this nature

To escape punishment, punish them all

The Turkish prime minister has decided that if he continues to be angry and vengeful, his power will be cemented. In his latest address in Parliament, he pushed his angry discourse to higher — or lower — levels, to make clear that he will not forgive and he will punish. Since he has chosen the Hizmet movement as the enemy, all he wants to do is inflict harm, regardless of on who or what.

Minister says Pak-Turk schools won’t be closed down

Karachi—Sindh Education minister Jam Mehtab Dhahar has assured a Turkish team Tuesday that Pak-Turkish schools will not be closed down in Sindh or anywhere in Pakistan. They gave the assurance to the visiting Turkish team during meeting in Karachi, with the Turkish officials, here on a tour.

Arınç says Gülen’s offer to hand over prep schools ‘sacrifice’

Turkish Deputy PM Bülent Arınç has described the offer of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen to hand over prep school management to the state an example of “sacrifice” and promised that the issue of prep schools will be resolved in a way that pleases everyone. “God knows that we don’t have an ambition to manage [these prep schools]; our desire is that these services don’t become the causalities of a disagreement,” Gülen reportedly said.

Is the AK Party turning into the old CHP?

Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu and EU Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu had attributed the EU and global media’s criticisms of the AK Party administration’s mistakes to the Hizmet movement.

Pakistan submits to Turkey’s ‘authoritarian demands’ on Gulen

Authorities have ordered teachers with alleged links to Turkish cleric Gulen to leave the country as Turkey’s President Erdogan visits Pakistan. Experts say the move is aimed at appeasing Ankara. Pakistani liberal activists say Islamabad should not encourage Erdogan by obliging his government’s unlawful and authoritarian demands. Promotion of secular and democratic values is the only way forward, they say.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Volunteer website serves as reference tool about Hizmet movement

‘Parallel’ paranoia reaches the kitchen of Parliament

Canada’s Turkish community on edge as government crackdown continues

Peace Islands Institute Annual Ramadan Dinner

Gulen inspired organizations honor world youth in Washington D.C.

Human Rights Watch: Emergency Decrees Facilitate Torture in Turkey

Opposition journalists speak at U.N. panel on Turkey’s human rights record

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News