EP’s Rebecca Harms Visited Turkish Educator Çabuk In Georgian Prison


Date posted: February 17, 2018

Rebecca Harms, a member of the European Parliament and co-president of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly visited Mustafa Emre Çabuk, a Turkish school administrator who was arrested by Georgian authorities last year at the request of the Turkish government, on Thursday according to her post on her Twitter account.

“Today I visited again Mustafa Emre Çabuk in prison. Later I met his wife at home. Saw the picture with his sons. He is missing them. Every day. Every hour. Since 9 months. He told me. #FreeCabuk” wrote Harms on Thursday.

Harms visited to Tbilisi together with a delegation. After the Euronest meetings and talks with Georgian officials, she followed up on the problem of Turkey exerting political pressure on Georgia.

Çabuk is faced with extradition to Turkey due to his alleged links to the Gülen movement, accused by the Turkish government of orchestrating a failed coup attempt on July 15, 2016.

Harms has visited Çabuk for the second time in prison in Tbilisi and with his wife and lawyer. During her visit to Georgia, Harms urged Georgian authorities not to extradite Çabuk as in Turkey he will not be accorded a fair trial or due process.

Harms visited Çabuk for the first time in jail in Georgia in July 2017. The asylum applications of Çabuk and his family have been rejected by the Georgian authorities.

Source: Stockholm Center for Freedom , St


Related News

Renewed attempt to target firm close to Hizmet exposed

A prosecutor’s office in İstanbul is preparing to launch a new investigation into Kaynak Holding, a Turkish company close to the Hizmet movement, in an alleged attempt to reignite earlier claims of irregularities in the company.

Former minister inquires about secret plot against Gülen movement

Former minister with ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) İdris Naim Şahin has submitted a lengthy inquiry to the Turkish Parliament, asking if there is a secret plot against members of the Gülen movement and if the government has mobilized all its resources to gather evidence through any means.

MGK plan in action

A National Security Council (MGK) plan — dated Aug. 24, 2004, titled the “Plan to Crack Down on the Fethullah Gülen Group in Turkey” and undersigned by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, ministers and military commanders of the time — is already being implemented. Though the government claims it was not put into action, there are several indications to suggest that the MGK plan is in effect.

Turkish School’s sucesss in Iraq

(Ebru News/AP) Turkish schools in Iraq have become a source of pride in Turkiye. All the students attending Nilufer Girls College in Arbil province were placed with high scores in important faculties of the university. Iraqi officials who attended the diploma ceremony said that these students improved themselves quickly and drew attention with their success […]

Time for a reality check for ISNA conventioneers – coup attempt in Turkey

Time for a reality check. This weekend many ISNA conventioneers are attending “panels” in which the so-called “Turkish delegation” will continue to attempt to justify the immoral and thoroughly un-Islamic persecution of countless innocent Muslim men and women in Turkey and around the world. While these conventioneers politely applaud the representatives of a regime which is attempting to destroy the lives of many of their fellow Turkish American Muslims right here in the US, here is just one example of what’s happening back in Turkey.

Turkish, Armenian students foster coexistence with exemplary project

FATMA DIŞLI ZIBAK Putting aside all their prejudices and what their course books taught them, a group of students from a Turkish high school and an Armenian high school have joined hands to get to know each other and develop bonds of brotherhood among different religious and ethnic groups in the country with a joint […]

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish officials cancel green passport of Islamic scholar Gülen

Peace Islands Institute Starts Young Peace Ambassadors Academy

Top court annuls controversial law on prep school closure

Hizmet Movement NGOs from 80 nations share intercultural experiences at GYV meeting

First female chairwoman appointed at Kimse Yok Mu

Turks and Egyptians tight-knit at Turkish Olympiads Egypt Finals

Five global challenges: how might Hizmet respond?

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News