“We will root out every single Gülenist from the Balkans,” Erdoğan says in Serbia


Date posted: October 11, 2017

People affiliated with the U.S.-based Islamic preacher Fethullah Gülen will be “rooted out” from the Balkans, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Oct. 11 in a speech in the Serbian town of Novi Pazar.

“We will root out this treacherous gang called F..Ö from the Balkans, just as we did from our country,” Erdoğan said alongside his Serbian counterpart Aleksandar Vucic.

F..Ö is a derogatory buzzword, coined by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan who calls the Gülen movement as Fethullahist Terrorist Organization, a clear reference to Fethullah Gulen, the US-based cleric who inspires the group.

Turkish government accuses the movement for masterminding a coup attempt on July 15, 2016.

The movement denies any involvement.

“One of the first leaders that supported us on the night of July 15 was Vucic. I cannot forget Vucic’s support after the coup attempt. I know what kind of struggle my dear friend has given against F..Ö,” he said, adding that “Turkey’s trust and confidence in Vucic is absolute on the issue.”

Erdoğan also said local people are “paying the price of chaos” for clashes that “erupt with the provocations of exterior powers” in the Balkans, urging the people of Balkans to “unite.”

“The more you unite, come together and be brothers as the Balkan peoples, the stronger, safer and more prosperous you will become,” he added.

 

 

Source: Turkey Purge , October 11, 2017


Related News

AKP deputy calls on Turkey’s religious officials to declare Gülen followers apostates

Ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) İstanbul deputy Metin Külünk has said Turkey’s top religious officials should declare supporters of the Gülen movement apostates, the Yeniakit daily reported on Monday. Erdoğan himself has called Gülen movement people “terrorists,” “traitors,” “vampires,” “leeches,” “tumors” and “viruses.”

Denmark charges Turkish informants as spies

A broad ranging investigation by the Danish Security and Intelligence Service (PET) has resulted in trials being opened against three people who informed on Turkish citizens living in Denmark to the Turkish government, Turkish news portal Gazete Duvar reported on Monday.

The Guardian view on the week in Turkey: coup – and counter-coup?

Now, with the European convention on human rights suspended and a six-month state of emergency that allows President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to rule without parliament – although thousands still turn out nightly in his support – some are beginning to wonder if the cure has turned out to be little better than the original threat.

Turkish official says 252 companies seized over Gülen links

The companies are alleged to be connected to the Gülen movement, a civic initiative based in Turkey, with the government coining the term “FETÖ” to designate the movement a terrorist organization despite the lack of any court verdict to that effect. A court last week in fact ruled out the existence of such an organization named “FETÖ.”

Erdogan Budgets $150m To Displace Hizmet Schools In Africa

The motive behind Maarif Foundation is to use it as a tool to pressurize African countries to transfer ownership of Hizmet movement linked schools to the Maarif Foundation since the request for the closure of these schools were turned down for lacking in merit.

Faiths come together at Ramadan fast-breaking in Welling and ‘send clear message’ to terrorists after London Bridge attack

This kind of events made our community stronger and send clear message the terrorist groups that they never will be successful to appeal the nation with their sick acts.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu receives a letter of appreciation from Uganda’s Office of the PM

International Festival of Language and Culture 2016

Turkish Cleric, Accused in Coup Plot, Calls Crackdown ‘Dark Pages’ in History

Government plans to unlawfully take over aid organization

American reporters got an intriguing glimpse into the political mind-set in Turkey

Arrested journalist: I am on guard duty for democracy

Turkish and Australian organizations discuss multiculturalism

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News