Pro-Erdogan journalist says killing Gülen followers, even their babies, a religious obligation


Date posted: May 8, 2017

Hüseyin Adalan, a journalist working for a number of pro-government media outlets, has said, swearing to God, it is a religious obligation to kill all followers of the Gülen movement and even their babies.

Writing from his Twitter account on Sunday, Adalan said, “I swear to God it is ‘wajib,’ an Islamic term meaning religious obligation, to kill those who show mercy to the followers of the Gülen movement and even the babies of the Gülen followers should be killed.”

“The great Turkish state should demonstrate its enormous power,” he wrote in his controversial tweet, which attracted widespread criticism on social media.

Adalan writes columns for the pro-government Yeni Söz, Milat and İstiklal newspapers.

It is very common for the pro-government journalists in Turkey to employ hate speech against the followers of the Gülen movement, which is accused by the Turkish government of masterminding a failed coup attempt on July 15.

The failed military coup attempt killed over 240 people. Immediately after the putsch, the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government along with Turkey’s autocratic President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan pinned the blame on the Gülen movement despite the lack of any evidence to that effect.

Fethullah Gülen, who inspired the movement, strongly denied having any role in the failed coup and called for an international investigation into it, but President Erdoğan — calling the coup attempt “a gift from God” — and the government initiated a widespread purge aimed at cleansing sympathizers of the movement from within state institutions, dehumanizing its popular figures and putting them in custody.

 


Related Videos

Erdogan: Ee are purging all Gulenists and we will continue cleansing them, we will not give them right to life.

Turkish imam tells crowd to enjoy properties of Gulenists as spoils.

 

Related News

Erdoğan’s Religious Guide Approved Torture And Abuse In Turkey

Turkish cleric demands fatwa to amputate hands, feet of Gülen followers

 

Source: Turkish Minute , May 8, 2017


Related News

Gulen admits meeting key figure in Turkey coup plot, dismisses Erdogan’s ‘senseless’ claims

In an exclusive interview with FRANCE 24, Fethullah Gulen admitted meeting a key figure in Turkey’s July 2016 attempted coup. But the Turkish cleric said that a mere visit from one of his followers isn’t proof he orchestrated the failed coup.

Another woman detained on coup charges one day after giving birth

Fatma Türkmen, who gave birth to a baby in Ankara on Monday, was reportedly detained on Tuesday over alleged links to the Gülen group.

Lawyers, academics say ‘parallel state’ was invented to block graft probe

A total of 150 academics signed the manifesto, titled “Rule of law suspended.” The manifesto says the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government cannot ignore the corruption allegations just by making up claims of a “parallel state” — which has no meaning in political science or law — and placing the blame on the Hizmet movement, which is inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, for its unlawful practices.

Kosovo grants asylum to Turkish national

About five months after submitting a request for asylum, Ugur Toksoy, a Turkish national whose  extradition procedures to Turkey were terminated by the State Prosecution in December last year, was granted refugee status in Kosovo.

Gulen calls for new constitution in Turkey

Fethullah Gulen, the Islamic preacher embroiled in a battle with the Turkish government that has shaken the country, has redoubled his criticism of Recep Tayyip Erdogan, calling for a new constitution to rein in rights he says are under siege.

An Indian professor’s reflections on Erdogan’s visit to India, crackdown on Gulen movement

There has been no evidence of any terrorist activity by the followers of Gulen in any part of the world including Turkey. In India, they have been running their institutions: schools, coaching Institutes, and dormitories for more than 15 years, but none has been accused of any kind of terrorism and crime.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Another Police Chief Jailed Over Alleged Gülen Links Dies In Turkish Prison

Renewed attempt to target firm close to Hizmet exposed

One year after attempted coup, purges have left hundreds of Turkish academics imprisoned

Turkic American Alliance Condemns Government Takeover of Zaman

Kimse Yok Mu’s Eid al-Adha worldwide aid efforts continue

Pakistan: Parents oppose handing over school chain to Turkish NGO

Kimse Yok Mu provides TL 11 million aid to Palestine

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News