Prime Ministry approved Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of ‘terrorism’

The humanitarian aid group Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of being an armed terrorist organization, had been directed by the Prime Ministry’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), casting doubt on such claims.
The humanitarian aid group Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of being an armed terrorist organization, had been directed by the Prime Ministry’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), casting doubt on such claims.


Date posted: April 19, 2015

YUNUS TIRYAKI | ISTANBUL

Syrian Democratic Turkmen Movement (SDTH) President Abdülkerim Ağa said that it was the Prime Ministry’s AFAD officials who had directed Kimse Yok Mu to provide assistance to Syria’s native Turkmen population, and that the charges now being levelled against the organization saddened them, and were not to be taken seriously.

The charges of being an armed terrorist organization came to light recently when Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor Musa Yücel issued a subpoena to Kimse Yok Mu’s management, asking for information regarding the charity’s activities for Eid al-Adha, or the Feast of the Sacrifice. When Kimse Yok Mu’s lawyers went to the Ankara Courthouse to find out about the details of the organization, they discovered that the investigation included charges of being an “armed terrorist organization,” however were unable to examine the contents of the file due to court-ordered confidentiality of the case.

Ağa noted that they did not put stock in the charges against the organization, adding that it was the Turkish government itself that had directed Kimse Yok Mu to them. Pointing out that Kimse Yok Mu distributed food, items and other essentials at the border with Syria, “Initially it was AFAD that was providing aid for us, but later AFAD officials directed us to Kimse Yok Mu, saying they were providing aid as well.”

He added that as Syrian Turkmen, they have seen nothing but help from Kimse Yok Mu. “Those allegations of being a terrorist organization are both ugly and unbefitting. I don’t believe such allegations. Hopefully these days will come to an end,” Ağa said.

The political opposition also slammed the investigation, with main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) deputy İhsan Özkes saying it was a “completely ridiculous” allegation, saying “it’s clearly a politically motivated decision.” CHP deputy Akif Hamzaçebi added, “This is an investigation that bears no seriousness, consistency or a single shred of logic.” He added that Kimse Yok Mu is an organization that has been very beneficial to the public, its benefits having been certified by then-Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the cabinet. “What we have here is an association that the AK Party administration has declared as being beneficial to the public, yet is having investigated for being an ‘armed terrorist organization’.”

Established in 2002, Kimse Yok Mu provides aid to 4.5 million people in 113 countries around the world. The charity was awarded the Turkish Parliament Outstanding Service Award in 2013, and is the only Turkish aid organization that holds special consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). It also developed relief programs in partnership with the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in 2013.

Source: BGNNews , April 19, 2015


Related News

Gülen’s letter to Gül

Koru told Gülen to express his feelings in a letter. The scholar wrote this letter on Dec. 22. Koru took the letter to its addressee, the president. He met with the prime minister the same day in Ankara and told him about his impressions from his contact with Gülen. I mean to say, there is not “bargaining” or “mediation.” There is only a “goodwill initiative” here.

Half a million people in Turkey subject to prosecution over Gülen links: ministry

A total of 500,650 people have been investigated over real and alleged links to the Gülen movement, the Cumhuriyet daily reported on Monday.

Turkey needs a new constitution to save its democracy

Until recently Turkey was seen as an example of a country that prospered while maintaining a democratic government run by observant Muslim leaders. No longer. A small group within the government’s executive branch is holding to ransom the entire country’s progress. The support of a broad segment of the Turkish public is now being squandered, along with the opportunity to join the EU.

Why is the Hizmet community alone?

Some people I have talked to recently have started to ask the following question, which is also discussed on social media from time to time: Why is the Hizmet community still alone even though it is clearly on the right track?

Kosovo Extradition of Wanted Turkish ‘Gulenist’ Suspended

Kosovo prosecutor Ali Rexha on Thursday withdrew his request for the court to allow the extradition of Turkish citizen Ugur Toksoy, who was arrested on October 27 on a warrant arrest issued by Turkey.

Iranian gold stars in Turkish corruption scandal

It is difficult to predict how the bribery/corruption investigation into several Turkish ministers will end. Although there are those who frame the event as a power struggle between the Fethullah Gulen movement and the government, conspiracy theories expand its dimensions to include the United States and Iran. The government is looking for US and Israeli hands in the operation because of the use of Halkbank to circumvent the sanctions imposed on Iran.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Erdoğan admits gov’t capitalized on coup attempt to pursue Gülen movement

The view from Brussels

Erdoğan is helping Hizmet community in three ways

Another woman faces detention just after giving birth as police await at hospital

Retired on disability, former bomb disposal expert kept in jail for a month over Gülen links

Students from 70 countries celebrate graduation in Turkey

Pillar of Society or Threat to Democracy?

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News