Turkish school to train Brazil’s math geniuses

Colégio Belo Futuro
Colégio Belo Futuro


Date posted: November 11, 2013

Colégio Belo Futuro, the Turkish school, in Brazil’s Sao Paulo has launched a math contest to be annual that received remarkable interest. Being the nation’s first privately-initiated math contest, “BELOMAT” saw the participation of a large number of students and education professionals in its first year.

Aimed to encourage participation in national and international math events, the contest in its first year was intended particularly for the public schools that usually lack resources to train their students for large-scale contests. Colégio Belo Futuro officials encouraged all the math enthusiasts in the neighborhood to sign up for the contest. They are satisfied with the large interest the contest received. Seeing the number considerably higher than they had expected, the school officials now intend to include private schools as well in next year’s event.

The highest-ranking participants along with the champions in the contest -under the auspices of Brazil’s Ministry of Education- were presented their awards at a recent award ceremony. The parents, in the belief that the contest opened up new horizons for their children, expressed their gratitude to the school’s teachers for their efforts. Likewise, various education professionals, who highlighted the contest’s contribution to the nation’s academic advancement, offered their hope that the contest will continue growing in popularity.

Published [in Turkish] on Cihan, 8 November 2013, Friday

Source: HizmetMovement.Com , November 11, 2013


Related News

Science, Culture and Art activity held at Fatih College

Near the end of 2013-2014 academic year, Fatih College held a large scale activity with the participation of 25,000 students from 106 colleges.

Journalist reveals inspiring story of Turkish schools in book

Ankara-based journalist Mesut Çevikalp has written a book about the little-known stories of Turkish schools opened by Turkish entrepreneurs in various parts of the world, including the moving and hardship-laden stories of education volunteers working at these schools, most of whom left a better life in Turkey with the hope of promoting universal values of peace, dialogue and peaceful coexistence with others.

Deputy Premier Arinc: We are quite happy of the success of Turkish schools in Yemen

Arinc said: “I give my thanks to all my brothers and sisters who came here from Turkey with enthusiasm to open these schools and who enjoy working here with devotion and pleasure.

Erdoğan hampers girls’ education [by shutting down prep schools run by the Hizmet movement]

Adalet Binici, a 14-year-old Kurdish girl in eighth grade, became the champion in last year’s Level Determination Examination (SBS), a high school placement test administered by the Turkish government to over a million students nationwide, thanks to the supplementary education and training provided by a prep school run by the Hizmet movement that is inspired by education-savvy Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Turkish nationals in Bangladesh living in fear

In a recent press conference, Ambassador Devrim Öztürk claimed that some Turkish nationals in Dhaka, in particular those working at the Turkish Hope School, were involved with what he called the Gülenist Terror Organisation (FETÖ). Foreign Ministry officials who spoke to the Dhaka Tribune said they saw the ambassador’s request as a violation of diplomatic norms.

When paths part…

ORHAN MİROĞLU The Hizmet movement and the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) have arrived at a critical junction in the road. The main problems that have emerged on the route towards this critical junction are of course not limited to the debates and disagreements surrounding the question of the closure of the prep schools. […]

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Dedicated couples teaching Turkish to the world

The Hizmet movement, social democracy, the religious left

A reasonable statement from Fethullah Gülen

ESİDEF: Targets doubled despite intimidation

Kimse Yok Mu volunteer doctors back from Central African Republic

Man killed in Yalova over sympathy for Hizmet movement

Parents Of Afghan-Turk Students To Lodge Complaint Against National Directorate of Security

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News