Kimse Yok Mu to distribute 90,000 food packages during Ramadan

Around 300 volunteers from the Kimse Yok Mu charity will be delivering food packages to 90,000 families across Turkey during the holy month of Ramadan. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
Around 300 volunteers from the Kimse Yok Mu charity will be delivering food packages to 90,000 families across Turkey during the holy month of Ramadan. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: July 20, 2012

The Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) charity foundation will be offering aid packages to 90,000 families in all the 81 provinces during the holy month of Ramadan. The fasting month of Ramadan, deemed the sultan of all the months by Muslims, is considered the most venerated, blessed and spiritually beneficial month of the Islamic year.

During this month, prayers, fasting, charity and self-accountability are particularly emphasized, and all obligatory religious observances are further encouraged at this time, as this month was called by the Prophet “the month of my people [Ummah].”

For this reason, Kimse Yok Mu, as well as other charity organizations, will actively operate under the slogan “Between sahur [the last meal eaten before the day’s fasting begins during Ramadan] and iftar [the fast-breaking meal] is the time to share in Ramadan.”

Following a recent visit to the Malatya branch of Kimse Yok Mu, the charity’s chairman, Ünal Öztürk, met with Malatya Governor Ulvi Saran. During the visit, Öztürk said the charity has been reaching out to people in need of aid not only in Turkey but also in many other countries around the world for over 10 years.

“We have completed our preparations for Ramadan during which we will distribute 90,000 food packages in all the provinces across the country,” Öztürk said, adding that the charity will also provide help to people in need from 70 countries by offering sahur and iftar meals during Ramadan.

During the visit, the Malatya governor expressed his appreciation for the charity’s relief efforts and said that helping people in need of aid is a characteristic of the Turkish people.

Kimse Yok Mu has been distributing aid packages during Ramadan since 2007. Last year, the organization distributed a total of 53,815 food packages across the country and about 51,000 packages in 52 countries, including hunger-stricken countries such as Somalia, Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia.

Kimse Yok Mu is calling all potential donors to help this humanitarian campaign. To donate TL 5 to the charity, send the word IFTAR in an SMS message to 5777. An aid package that will be delivered to a family in need costs TL 70 ($40, 30 euros).

Source: Today’s Zaman 18 July 2012


Related News

Turkey investigating 4,167 Gülen followers in 110 countries

At least 4,167 people in 110 countries are being investigated in Turkey over their links to the Gülen movement, the state-run Anadolu news agency reported on Thursday.

Why is the government freeing bloody murderers?

The government is continuing to act in panic. In the last couple of months, every single step it has taken has somehow been related to the graft probe, and they all are being taken to suffocate the corruption investigation. The government is freeing Ergenekon suspects willingly and on purpose to create an alliance against the so-called “parallel state,” as they call the movement inspired by Fethullah Gülen.

Damage assessment report for Erdoğan

The wounds Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is suffering as a result of a war waged against the Gülen movement in connection with the corruption and bribery probe are becoming clear. Whether or not Erdoğan has become more authoritarian is now less debatable; it is a concrete fact rather than a perception.

How Erdogan is covering up the corruption scandal

In a blunt violation of Turkish laws and ethical norms, authorities removed nearly 100 police chiefs, who were either involved in the graft raids or pose a possible risk to the government. Two additional prosecutors were appointed to supervise the case, a move mostly interpreted by experts as an attempt to control the judicial process. The government has launched an unprecedented witch-hunt in public institutions and continues to purge any bureaucrat it believes could be cooperative with prosecutors in the graft investigation. Four ministers whose names were linked to these investigations refused to step down despite calls from the opposition.

Police detain another woman shortly after delivery, bringing total to 16

Ayşe Kaya, 30-year-old woman who gave birth to a baby in İstanbul early on Tuesday, was reportedly detained by police with her newborn baby later the same day. Turkish government has systematically been detaining women on coup charges either when they are pregnant or shortly after giving birth. This incident is the second in a week and 16th in the past 9 months.

Another suspicious death: Doctor dies of heart attack in prison

Ali Özer, a 48-year-old doctor who was jailed due to his alleged links to the faith-based Gülen movement, has died of a heart attack in Çorum Prison. This is 57th such suspicious death or suicide since last summer’s so-called coup attempt against Erdogan regime.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Kurdish initiative should not be suspended by provocative acts

Gülen-inspired schools lead in university entrance exam results

Is Erdogan’s smile worth more than the tears of Pak-Turk students?

US prosecutor denies any links to Gülen, says never set foot in Turkey

11th Turkish Olympiad opens with grand ceremony in Ankara

Egypt’s Turkish schools reject Akşam and A Haber TV reports

Erdoğan rewards the killers of Gülenists

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News