Kimse Yok Mu presents gifts to 8,000 children in Diyarbakır

Kimse Yok Mu has distributed new clothes and shoes to 8,000 children in Diyarbakır for Eid al-Fitr. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
Kimse Yok Mu has distributed new clothes and shoes to 8,000 children in Diyarbakır for Eid al-Fitr. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: August 20, 2012

İSMAIL AVCI, DIYARBAKIR

Turkish humanitarian aid organization Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) has delivered gifts to 8,000 children from poor families in the province of Diyarbakır to help them enjoy Eid al-Fitr, the three-day religious festival that marks the end of the holy month of Ramadan.

It is a tradition to buy new clothes or shoes before the religious festivals of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice). Kimse Yok Mu has delivered new clothes and shoes to poor families that cannot afford to buy these items for their children for Eid al-Fitr in Diyarbakır. Kimse Yok Mu has given gifts to children and parents alike. In addition to the clothing, the charity has also distributed food to families in need in the same province.

Kimse Yok Mu’s Diyarbakır representative Recep Tanış told Today’s Zaman that Kimse Yok Mu has distributed food to people in need during the holy month of Ramadan this year as in previous years. Stating that Kimse Yok Mu has organized iftar (fast-breaking) dinners at which a total of 2,600 people attended every day in Diyarbakır during Ramadan, Tanış added that Kimse Yok Mu also provides food to poor families regularly throughout the year thanks to donations provided by charitable people.

Through the charity’s aid campaigns carried out for those in need in the region over previous years, Tanış stated that they know by heart which streets and neighborhoods need the most help in the province.

Meanwhile, Kimse Yok Mu, the Kral FM radio station and Kral TV have conducted a joint project in which they organized 29 iftar dinners in 29 provinces around the country during the month of Ramadan. The iftar dinners were broadcast live on Kral TV and Kral FM in a program titled “Paylaşma Sevinci” (The Joy of Sharing).

Source: Today’s Zaman 17 August 2012


Related News

Turkey’s fight against Gülen in the South Caucasus

The Turkish authorities’ fight against real and imagined enemies in the Gülen movement has now reached Azerbaijan and Georgia.

Reaction mounts against PM’s witch-hunt remarks

Politicians, members of the judiciary and journalists have spoken out against threatening remarks by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who stated that the government will carry out a witch hunt against followers of a faith-based group [Hizmet movement].

Erdogan: A saint elsewhere, outside Turkey’s shores?

On a recent trip to Spain, I picked a copy of the International New York Times, and saw a story that shocked me greatly. It said Mr Erdogan had ordered the release of 38,000 prisoners serving various jail terms, for different offences, in order to make space for the so-called coup plotters who had no space in Turkey’s overflowing prison. I was totally shocked by the news because I can’t imagine a situation where convicted criminals are being set free just so political opponents can be locked up.

An interview at a party-state

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s witch-hunt campaign to find and eliminate people who are sympathizer of the Hizmet movement and not sympathizer of the government was reflected in interviews that were organized by the Ministry of Education last month. It seems Turkey has totally become a party-state.

Former Filipino deputy: Great that we have Kimse Yok Mu

Speaking at the first anniversary of the Haiyan typhoon, the most devastating one in the Philippines’ history, the former Filipino deputy Chua thanked Kimse Yok Mu for its aid and relief efforts. “Great that we have you and Turkey. On behalf of my country, I would like to thank KYM. You’ve never left us alone since the very first day. Many organizations left here after two weeks but you didn’t.” Chua said.

Fethullah Gülen donates $10,000 for victims of Typhoon Haiyan disaster in Philippines

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen donated to the Kimse Yok Mu foundation $10,000 for the victims of the Typhoon Haiyan disaster in the Philippines. “According to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA], 4.3 million people have been affected by the typhoon and 330,000 people are now homeless. Ninety percent of the houses in Tacloban city have been damaged,” AFAD stated recently.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu extends help to refugees trying to reach Europe

Turkish group among first to send aid to ‘Yolanda’ victims

International Panel for “Sharing Coexistence Experience” in Korea

Don’t lose the plot

12-year-old claims asylum with UN as father caught in Erdogan’s anti-Gülen dragnet in Saudi Arabia

Turkish associations in US condemn Boston Marathon attack

‘TUSKON is a reliable and long-time friend of ours’

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News