Mogadishu Governor visits KYM Headquarters

Governor of Mogadishu Mr. Muhammed Ahmed Nur
Governor of Mogadishu Mr. Muhammed Ahmed Nur


Date posted: May 25, 2012

Mogadishu’s Governor Mr. Muhammed Ahmed Nur visited Hizmet movement’s relief organization Kimse Yok Mu (KYM). The Governor and his delegation had a meeting with KYM’s President Unal Ozturk and KYM General Secretary Celal Turkoglu, which lasted approximately one hour. During the meeting views were exchanged regarding the ongoing projects in Somalia and Mogadishu.

KYM did something that no one has done before

Governor Ahmet Nur commented after the meeting, “Something about the meeting was very informative. KYM arrives quickly to places where disasters happen and they were the first help association to come to Somalia and bring aid and relief supplies. However, KYM did something that no one has done before by bringing hundreds of Somali students to Turkey and giving them scholarships. This is very important because it’s paid training in Somalia. We are very thankful.”

Mogadishu is not the world’s most dangerous city

International public opinion carries the sense that Mogadishu is the most dangerous city in the world. The Governor of Mogadishu said, “I don’t think Mogadishu is the most dangerous city in the world. The Mogadishu police reports indicate that few people are dying daily and this number is even less than London or Paris. There are security and conflict problems in Mogadishu, but we are overcoming this problem gradually. People are coming back to their homes, work places are opening up again on the main streets, and people are hopeful about the future.”

Your most impressive activity is bringing 700 Somali students to Turkey

President Unal Ozturk asked the Governor what he thought the most impressive activity of KYM in Somalia so far and the Mr. Ahmed Nur answered, “Bringing 700 Somali students to Turkey”. He also gave his thanks to Turkey. After the meeting the KYM president presented the Governor with a gift, and the honored guest and delegation left the office.

Source: Kimse Yok Mu , 21 May 2012


Related News

Turkish people’s aid reaches out to Chad through Kimse Yok Mu

Abundance and blessings of the month Ramadan have reached out to Chad –one of the poorest African countries- in the form of Turkish people’s aid for orphans and the needy. KYM has delivered aid, in particular, to orphanages and foundations for the handicapped and widows in this central African country. 5,400 people have been provided iftar dinner at particularly at orphanages and handicapped facilities.

Prosecutors conducting ‘terror’ probe of prominent Turkish charity

A statement recently sent to the charity organization Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) by the Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office has revealed that the prosecutor’s office has been conducting an investigation against the charity on the charges of “terrorism.”

Nigeria demands Turkey’s apology over ‘unjustifiable’ students deportation in coup crackdown

Nigerian lawmakers have urged the Turkish government to apologise for arresting and deporting dozens of Nigerian students. The majority of the youths attended the Fatih University, which is among thousands of educational buildings Turkey has shut down in a crackdown following the failed coup.

Police rescue 8 students, staff of Nigeria-Turkish International School from kidnappers

‘The pupils and staffs of Nigeria Turkish international school kidnapped on Friday 13th January have all been rescued unhurt this evening. Details later,” the police said Tuesday.

Australian Relief Organisation runs 2017 qurban campaign

Australian Relief Organisation (ARO) is running its 2017 Qurban Appeal at present. Qurbans are valued at $120 and qurban donations will be distributed to the needy locals across Philippines and Sri Lanka.

Kimse Yok Mu volunteers help restore eyesight to African cataract patients

Volunteers of Kimse Yok Mu Foundation’s (KYM) Konya chapter offered hope to some 150 cataract patients across the African continent, through their donations.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Was there a sincere alliance between the Gulen Movement and Erdogan?

GYV awards peace projects in İstanbul ceremony

Being a Non-Muslim During Ramadan

Turkey introduces new decree law to seize all Gulen-related companies

Dangerous and unnecessary tension

Civil war in Mali did not discourage the Turkish school teachers

Report reveals closure of prep schools against Constitution

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News