Another Gülenist teacher at risk of deportation from Bosnia


Date posted: December 7, 2019

Bosnian police reportedly detained a Turkish citizen over his alleged membership in the Gülen movement, the Bold Medya news website reported.

Fatih Keskin, a Turkish educator and the principal of Una-Sana College, an institute operating within the Gülen-affiliated Richmond Park Schools Group, was detained by the police in Bihać city, Turkey’s state-run Anadolu news agency reported, citing local media.

Soon after being taken into custody, Keskin was transferred to a detention center for migrants in the capital city of Sarajevo to start the deportation process, Anadolu said.

Speaking to the Bold news over the phone, Keskin said the following: “I was invited to the police station at around 10 am in Bihac and I was told I violated the rules in Bosnia, hence my residency was revoked. When I asked which rules I violated, the officers said they did not even know.”

In March 2018 Turkey’s National Intelligence Organization (MIT) with the cooperation of Kosovar authorities detained six Turkish nationals, who were then taken to Turkey, where they were arrested.

As of March 2019, a total of 107 people with alleged links to the movement have been brought to Turkey since the failed 2016 coup, following extradition requests for 504 people sent to 91 countries, Anadolu reported.

Source: Turkey Purge , December 4, 2019


Related News

Yamanlar and Fatih High Schools’ success at International Science Olympiads

Yamanlar and Fatih Science High Schools won medals at the international physics, chemistry, biology and computer this summer as well. Sebahattin Kasap, CEO of Yamanlar Education Institutions, said; “207 out of 391 medals won so far at the international Olympiads by Turkish student won by Yamanlar Science High School students. We are happy to represent Turkey successfully”.

How Kyrgyzstan and Turkey quarreled about Gülen

An analyst Dosmir Uzbekov believes that the closure of a wide network of schools and high schools “Sebat” will cause outrage among the population. “My son has graduated from Turkish lyceum, and I am very pleased with the education he received there. “Sebat” has become an inherent part of the education system of Kyrgyzstan.

Ongoing tussle: Students, parents protest closure of Pak-Turk School in Khairpur

“It is a matter of life and death for us and our children. We will not allow anybody to cast an evil eye on this school,” said a woman, whose two children student in the school in Khairpur. She also appealed to the government to not to slaughter “one of the best schools” at the expense of politics.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan is about to make himself a virtual dictator in Turkey

The proposed constitutional change grants the presidency new powers to directly appoint a vast range of public officials – cabinet ministers, provincial governors, and judges to the highest courts in the land. Simply put, the government’s plans are an enabling act: they are designed to strengthen the individual over the collective.

Did Erdogan STAGE the coup?

‘Government should be won through a process of free and fair elections, not force,” Gulen said. “I pray to God for Turkey, for Turkish citizens, and for all those currently in Turkey that this situation is resolved peacefully and quickly.’ Gulen sharply rejected any responsibility: ‘As someone who suffered under multiple military coups during the past five decades, it is especially insulting to be accused of having any link to such an attempt.

Back to school in Turkey after post-coup teacher purge

As more than 18 million children began the new term after the summer break, Huseyin Ozev, president of the Istanbul teachers’ union, told AFP there were fears the academic year would begin with “chaos” because of huge staff shortages.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Row between Turkish government and Gulen Movement takes new twist

GYV head dismisses ‘parallel state’ allegations against Hizmet

It is not fair to tar 1.8 billion for actions of a few

EU Criticizes Kosovo, Turkey Over Deportation Of Six Erdogan Political Foes

Turkey Systematically And Deliberately Jails Women As Part Of Fear And Intimidation Campaign

Former minister inquires about secret plot against Gülen movement

I object to AK Party’s ‘New Turkey’

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News