22 Kosovo Police officers under investigation for deporting Turkish ‘Gulenists’

Six Turkish nationals who were abducted by Turkey's National Intelligence Organization in Kosovo on Thursday are seen allegedly in the Turkish Embassy in Pristina. (Photo: Vocal Europe)
Six Turkish nationals who were abducted by Turkey's National Intelligence Organization in Kosovo on Thursday are seen allegedly in the Turkish Embassy in Pristina. (Photo: Vocal Europe)


Date posted: August 16, 2019

Kosovo’s Special Prosecution has confirmed to have received a criminal report against 22 police officers who were involved in the arrest and deportation of six Turkish nationals in March 2018 suspected of their alleged links with Fethullah Gulen’s movement, whom Turkey accuses of attempted coup in 2016.

The Special Prosecution of the Republic of Kosovo (SPRK) confirmed to Radio Free Europe that they have received the criminal report from the Police Inspectorate of Kosovo (PIK). “The SPRK has received a criminal report lodged by the Police Inspectorate of Kosovo against 22 suspects, whereas we are investigating also other people related to this case,” said Ekrem Lutfiu, spokesperson to the SPRK. The State Prosecution Office has launched an investigation into the so called “Gulenists” case after a Parliament’s inquiry committee found that authorities have violated laws during the arrest and deportation of the six Turkish men in March 2018. The commission found that most of the breaches were committed by the Kosovo Police and the Kosovo Intelligence Agency.

After the arrest of Turkish men in March 2018 the then prime minister Ramush Haradinaj said that he was not informed of the operation and as a result he dismissed his minister of interior and chief of the intelligence agency. /GazetaExpress/

Source: Gazeta Express , August 15, 2019


Related News

Turkey’s Gulen crackdown hits Canada

Efforts in Canada by Turkish authorities and supporters of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan have made life miserable for Gulen followers here, many say. They have been made unwelcome in mosques and restaurants frequented by Turkish-Canadians, and they have been cursed and protested against by fellow citizens.

Dusseldorf drawn to the call “Come, whoever you are”

Calling out “Come, whoever you are”, Turkish Festival by Rumi Forum am Rhein drew tens of thousands of people from Turkish, German and many more nations on April 19-21. The board president of Rumi Forum Fatih Yilmaz expressed their pleasure with the large interest towards the festival marking its 2nd anniversary, revealing that they intend to establish it as an annual tradition.

Sweden delays sending back Erdogan dissenters

Asylum seekers with ties to the opposition from last month’s failed coup attempt in Turkey will not be sent back to the nation by Sweden until further notice, the Swedish Migration Agency has decided. People who have taken part in “credible political opposition” are also part of the risk group, the Migration Agency writes on its website.

CCTV shows school principal being ‘abducted’ as post-coup crackdown in Turkey spreads to Malaysia

A school principal and a businessman have disappeared in the latest in a string of international arrests allegedly ordered by Turkey in a post-coup crackdown that has seen more than 100,000 people detained. Human rights group warns pair could be tortured if they are extradited back to Turkey.

Opinion: Does the Turkish Intelligence Agency Plan to Abduct Turkish Dissidents from the US?

When it comes to conducting abduction operations in the U.S. soil Erdogan regime may receive help from his new allies, Russia and Iran. It is a fact that Erdogan has a deeply seeded network of Muslim institutions inside the United States.

Lawyer: Female journalist traumatized by abuse, torture at Turkish police station

Hanım Büşra Erdal was subjected to a strip search at the police station and humiliated by police officers when she was taken from her prison cell as she was preparing to leave the prison. A strip search is allowed only if circumstances so warrant. “She is a journalist and was taken from the prison. She was already going through routine checks and searches in prison,” her lawyer said.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Nigeria: Turkish international college constructs 90 hand pumps, boreholes in local communities

Turkic American Alliance Condemns Government Takeover of Zaman

Turkey’s largest religious publication group denied spot at Ramadan book fair

Fear and paranoia still stalk Turkey two months after the failed coup

It’s not about a conflict between the government and Hizmet movement

This is beyond a witch-hunt – Turkey now blames Gülen movement for 9/11 attacks

Turkish business suffers under Erdogan’s post-coup Gulen purge

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News