Why Gulen-sympathizers with their babies risk death to flee Erdogan regime


Date posted: July 31, 2018

HizmetNews.Com

Washington D.C.-based journalist Mahir Zeynalov, who himself is victim of Erdogan’s oppression, explained in his tweets why Gulen-sympathizer Turks flee current regime of Turkey risking their own and kids’ and lives:

“There is a reason why Turks risk death to flee with their babies. It’s not that they are looking for a better life. They are fleeing torture and life imprisonment.

These are not criminals. They are teachers, doctors, IT specialists, journalists, professors. Women, elderly, babies. All of them are banned from working in bureaucracy. Their universities, newspapers, bakeries were shut down.

Their names (nearly 200,000 of them) are openly published in Official Gazzette as terrorists so no one would give them a job. Some employers exploit their labor with salaries that are 10 times less than the average.

Even three babies who died yesterday were denied funeral cars because they were “terrorists.”

Even the Turkish Justice Minister said being purged or fired from their jobs doesn’t mean that these people are criminals.

Victims of the post-coup purge in Turkey launched a painful legal battle, going all the way up to the top court. They were all denied.

Then they decided to go to the European Court. The court in Strasbourg said “go back home. You can seek legal remedies in Turkey.” Denied again.

No jobs in Turkey. Totally blacklisted. If you’re lucky, you won’t be imprisoned. The government also banned these victims from traveling abroad and seized their passports.

What choice do they have? Get on dinghy boats, flee Turkey for Greece and die while trying. If they are lucky to be on the news, this is how they are remembered: SIX TERRORISTS, INCLUDING THREE BABIES, DROWN IN AEGEAN.”

 


Related News

Man behind Gülen probe also filed complaints about PM Erdoğan

An investigation into Gülen was launched by an Ankara prosecutor’s office earlier this week following a complaint filed by C.O. The former noncommissioned officer told the media that his complaint against the scholar was based on a number of reports that had appeared in government newspapers. “I am basing my complaint on newspaper reports and my thoughts. I am unhappy. I do not want to be promoted in the media or become popular. I do not like things like this. I have also filed many criminal complaints against the prime minister,” he said.

Theologians: Lies, slander and defamation is unislamic

Islamic theologians coming together in a workshop organized by the Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV) have condemned recent allegations directed at the faith-based Hizmet movement by top government officials, stating that it is unislamic to engage in lies, slander and defamation.

Kimse Yok Mu continues to help needy despite gov’t restrictions

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There?) is still extending a helping hand to those in need, especially during the holy month of Ramadan, despite restrictions imposed by the government on the organization’s ability to campaign for donations.

How hateful discourse manipulates our perception

Claims have been made that these multi-billion-dollar deals have generated a huge hoard of funds for Erdoğan to buy off some media outlets through proxies, hire new sets of journalists to defend his government line and even convert critical analysts with fat checks to prod them to the other side of the aisle. And these claims also explain why some media groups are conducting black propaganda against the Hizmet movement.

Police raid prominent journalists’ foundation GYV in Turkey

GYV’s members strongly protested the police measure. Underlining that the raid violated standard protocol, high-ranking GYV official Recep Usta expressed; “the protocol states that VGM technical teams can come to the building and conduct examinations; and should they find any violation, a period of a month is granted to us [to fix any issues].

Turkish prosecutor discredits Gülen movement to counterparts in 121 countries

Chief Public Prosecutor of Turkey’s Supreme Court of Appeals Mehmet Akarca has sent letters to prosecutors in 121 countries around the world explaining the failed July 15 coup in Turkey, joining Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in accusing the Gülen movement of masterminding the putsch.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish authorities unlawfully arrest pregnant woman on alleged Gülen links

Australian Relief Organisation runs 2017 qurban campaign

German view of Hizmet Movement (2)

Reactions pour in over Turks’ controversial arrest in Malaysia as UN joins calls against extradition

11 Gülen sympathizers held hostage at Saudi hotel deported to Turkey

Turkey’s Reichstag Fire

Gülen’s curse was misquoted, misinterpreted, GYV chief says

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News