Belgium court sentences man to 6-month in prison over online threats targeting Gülen followers


Date posted: March 25, 2018

A local court in Belgium’s Limburg province has given 6-month jail time plus 600 euros fine to a 37-year-old man who threatened Gulen supporters online.

“Come on, traitors, I’m waiting for you,” the man sent threats, via Facebook messages, to members of the Vuslat, an association affiliated with the Gulen movement supporters in Belgium, a day after the July 15, 2016 failed coup.

Meanwhile, he posted a picture of him posing alongside a firearm, Turkish flag and some ammunition.

The prison sentence was postponed while he is required to pay 600 euros as well as hearing costs, Brussels-based Het Laatste Nieuws said March 22.

Turkish government blames the Gulen movement for the July 15, 2016 failed attempt while the latter denies involvement.

More than 150,000 people have been detained over Gulen links so far.

Source: Turkey Purge , March 23, 2018


Related News

Kosovo’s Parliament To Probe Deportation Of Six Turks

Kosovo’s parliament on April 4 voted to establish a panel to investigate how and why six Turkish citizens who are opponents of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan were arrested and deported to Turkey.

Turkey builds 50 more prisons for Gülenists: Justice Minister

Turkish Justice Ministry Undersecretary Kenan İpek on Tuesday said more than 50 prisons are under construction for the incarceration of people linked to the Gülen group.

In rare interview: Fethullah Gulen rebukes Turkish regime

“The master” suggested that democracy is the best option for societies characterized by diversity and heterogeneity clarifying that those features apply to both Egypt and Turkey as they house many segments of Muslims and Christians as well as atheists. Hence, Gulen proposes that the administration system must be tolerant to not create hostilities, which have become common in Turkey.

Stuttgart police: ‘Boycotts of Gülen-friendly shops are potential hate crimes’

Police in Germany are investigating whether calls to boycott shops owned by supporters of the self-exiled Turkish cleric Fethullah Gülen constitute hate crimes. There are currently 15 open investigations. Police in the southern German city of Stuttgart said Wednesday they were investigating calls to avoid patronizing Gülen-friendly stores, shops and restaurants as potential hate crimes.

Germany’s dialogue awards find their recipients

Alliance of German Dialogue Institutions (BDDI) recently bestowed the nation’s very first intercultural and interfaith dialogue awards. At the award ceremony, Meinhard Tenne received Life’s Work Award; Intercultural Council (Interkultureller Rat in Deutschland e.V.), Social Engagement; Prof. Karl Josef Kuschel, Interfaith Dialogue; Feridun Zaimoglu, Literature; and Corneila Pieper, Politics.

Germany investigates possible anti-Gulen spies

German police have raided apartments of four men suspected of carrying out espionage on behalf of the Turkish government. The men, said to be clerics, are accused of spying on supporters of cleric Fethullah Gulen.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Woman detained during visit to imprisoned husband on Valentine’s Day

Gülen extends condolences for death of former deputy PM Arınç’s brother

Fears for Gulen-inspired Turkish schools in Pakistan grow

Turkish Businesses Snagged In Government’s Post-Coup Crackdown

Bank Asya seeks immediate return of ‘hijacked’ management rights

Joint mosque-cemevi project launched in Tokat

In Indonesia Turkish schools will not be closed

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News