Fethullah Gülen’s statement regarding the family that drowned in the Meric (Evros) River

M. Fethullah Gulen
M. Fethullah Gulen


Date posted: February 16, 2018

Fethullah Gülen

With tremendous sadness, I have learned that a mother and her two children lost their lives in the Meriç (Evros) River while fleeing Turkey in order to escape persecution by tyrants in their home country.

With tremendous sadness, I have learned that members of two families lost their lives in the Meriç River while fleeing Turkey in order to escape persecution by tyrants in their home country.

The unprecedented witch-hunt in Turkey continues and leaves innocent citizens with no opportunity to continue their lives with dignity. Citizens who have never caused harm to others are forced to leave or risk human rights violations at the hands of the Turkish government, which has been condemned by all human rights watchdogs, including the United Nations rapporteurs.

The international community should closely evaluate why these innocent people are fleeing Turkey and putting their lives at risk, and it must warn the Turkish government to restore legal order in the country and to protect basic human rights.

May God Almighty bless members of the Abdurrezzak and Dogan families who lost their lives with the highest level of Heaven. I pray to God Almighty to help find those who are missing as soon as possible and to help our brother Fatih Yasar recover quickly. May He ease the pain of those who are left behind and give them patience and strength. And may He save our blessed country and innocent citizens from the cruelty of the oppressor.

– February 15, 2018


Related News

3 dead, 5 missing in attempt to escape Turkey’s post-coup crackdown


 

Source: Alliance for Shared Values , February 15, 2018


Related News

We could not have imagined so many insults

They hope to cover up the corruption investigation and the reassignment of thousands of police officers and dozens of prosecutors and judges that had been planned much earlier. When the prime minister opted to use the language of insult, his copycat ministers and deputies who want to be popular with the prime minister began to use even more violent language.

Intel chief first gives anti-Hizmet file to Obama, then visits Gülen, STV president Karaca says

Turkey’s National Intelligence Organization (MİT) Undersecretary Hakan Fidan gave a file containing a plan to finish off the Hizmet movement inspired by Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen to US President Barack Obama and then the MİT head visited Gülen at his home in Pennsylvania, Samanyolu Media Group Chief Hidayet Karaca stated on Tuesday.

Couple jailed for watching Fethullah Gülen videos at Internet cafe

An Ankara couple has been sent to prison after they were caught watching videos belonging to US-based Turkish scholar Fethullah Gülen at an internet cafe earlier this week.

Accused Turkish Cleric Assails President on Anniversary of Coup Attempt in WSJ Interview

Fethullah Gulen repeated his declaration that he has never been involved in any coup-plotting. “I never thought that he could go so bad,” said Mr. Gulen, who said that the Turkish president was unleashing mass hysteria inside the country. “Some parts of Turkish society have lost their ability to think.”

Al-Jazeera: Turkish probe marks AKP-Gulen power struggle

Fethullah Gulen, 72, has been living in self-imposed exile in the US since 1999, reportedly, for health reasons
His movement is famous for its success in the area of education with tens of schools spread across the globe.

No measures taken against ‘parallel structure’ at top security meeting: General Staff

The Turkish General Staff has dismissed reports that measures against the “parallel structure” – the government’s code word for the movement of erstwhile ally Fethullah Gülen – in the army have been taken during a National Security Council (MGK) meeting on April 30.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkey pledges to help rebuild Bosnia after floods

Turkish school in Uganda challenges discrimination against albinos

German state minister: Persecuted Turks can apply for asylum in Germany

Turkish Islamic scholar Gülen decries domestic violence

Defying Odds, Afghan Girl Gets Top Grades for University Entrance Exams

Slain prosecutor’s daughter: My father was not with Gülen movement

‘Gülen movement has a specific mission’

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News