Turkey dismisses another 330 academics, brings total to 7,316
Date posted: February 8, 2017
A total of 330 academics were dismissed in a new government decree, issued on Tuesday, bringing the total number of academics who lost their jobs after a failed coup on July 15 to 7,316.
Professors, associate professors and lecturers from nearly all universities in Turkey were targeted in the government’s post-coup crackdown. Academics were accused of links to the Gülen movement, which the government pinned the blame on for July 15 coup attempt.
Panel Discussion – The Gulen Schools In Central Asia
Kazakhstan’s President Nursultan Nazarbaev rather quickly defused the problem with Turkey by making a visit to Ankara to meet with President Erdogan. Nazarbaev did not agree to close down the Gulen schools in Kazakhstan, but he did promise to carefully scrutinize those running the schools and those teaching in them.
Ambassadors back Gulen schools in Asia
Kemal Ilter, Ankara Turkey’s ambassadors in Central Asia and the Caucasus have written a report in which they state that Fethullah Gulen’s schools in those countries, had been playing a positive role in Turkey’s relations with those governments. In order to give a new impetus to Turkey’s relations with Central Asian and Caucasian countries the […]
Client fearfully waiting his turn to be tortured at Ankara police station: lawyer
An Ankara lawyer who wants to remain anonymous has said his/her client, detained over his links to the Gülen movement, was waiting his turn in fears to be tortured at a detention facility in Turkey’s capital.
Farewell of Pak-Turk Teachers: Symbolic Burial of a Heart
All the parents were depressed and disappointed at the forced exit of Turkish staff. They looked sad with tearful eyes bade farewell to the Turkish staff. Mr. Osman Arslanhan along with the other Turkish staff made a symbolic burial of a heart which was full of hearty wishes of the Turkish staff and drawings made by the Turkish children. The heart was buried with tears in the eyes by all the Turkish staff.
Nine-year-old beats 25,000 others in Maths competition
A NINE-year-old pupil of the Nigerian Turkish School, Abuja, Adeoluwa Adetoba, has emerged winner of the 2015 edition of the National Mathematics Competition.
Parents Reject Decision to Shut Down Gülen-inspired Schools in Morocco
Zouhir Mohammed Kadour, the Director of the Mohammed Al-Fatih School, said, “We are shocked by the announcement of the Interior Ministry […] We’ve worked for the Al-Fatih School Group for 22 years. We followed the Moroccan curriculum, the Moroccan Ministry of Education program, and the school staff is Moroccan.”
Latest News
Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison
Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney
Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement
ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment
New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement
European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests
ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases
Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade
Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet
In Case You Missed It
Germany takes Gülenists off watch list, conducts counterespionage against Ankara – report
The Abant Platform: the Arab Spring and Turkey’s role
Opinion: Does the Turkish Intelligence Agency Plan to Abduct Turkish Dissidents from the US?
Central West Africa shows up for TUSKON event
Connecticut chapter of Peace Islands Institute promotes peace by bringing people together
TUSİAD chairman says does not see ‘parallel structure’ within state
Washington mute as Turkey spying allegations cause outrage