Pak-Turk schools won’t close, says Education Minister


Date posted: November 29, 2016

Islamabad – The government will neither close down Pak-Turk schools in the country nor will it hand them over to anyone.

This was announced by Minister of State for Federal Education and Professional Training Baligh Ur Rehman here.

According to the minister, Pak-Turk schools are registered with the relevant Pakistani authorities and therefore, they will continue to operate in the country.

He said it was the right of Pakistani government whether or not to extend visas of Pak-Turk schools’ Turkish teachers and that since their visas expired in Sept, they’re told to leave the country.

The minister said visas of some Turkish families had been extended until Dec 31 as hardship cases.

The Turkish government has alleged the school has links with the movement of US-based dissident Fethullah Gulen. The charge is however denied by Pak-Turk management.

Around 11,000 students are enrolled in Pak-Turk schools’ 28 campuses across the country, including Islamabad.

After the government ordered the expulsion of Turkish teachers with families from the country, protests sparked around the country with participants mostly parents urging the government to withdraw the orders on humanitarian grounds. They insisted the government’s move would adversely affect the studies of their children.

Source: The International News , November 27, 2016


Related News

Heightened anxieties in Kosovo after arrest of ‘Gulenist educator’

A civil servant: “Tens of thousands of people, educated people, academics, journalists, lawyers, and many others, are scattered around the world for different reasons and are trying to find a safe place where they can be sheltered and continue their lives with their families. The Ugur Toksoy case was the point when Kosovo’s level of safety, or its breaking point, was put to test.”

Auditors raid Gülen-inspired private school in Adana with police

In yet another government-backed operation targeting the Gülen movement, tax inspectors from the Finance Ministry on Saturday carried out a raid with police at a private school opened by volunteers of the movement in southern province of Adana.

Turkey’s Global Anti-Gülen Crusade Puts Tbilisi in Diplomatic Bind

Mustafa Emre Çabuk is out of prison but not out of trouble. The Turkish national, who for the past 15 years ran a Gülen school in the Georgian capital, Tblisi, is the latest international educator caught up in Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s anti-Gülenist campaign.

Turkish Olympiad held in Philippines enchants audience

During the event, Maria Rowena Sanchez who is Philippian ambassador to Turkey, made a speech. “This program, held by the people from different language, religion and culture, shows us what is important is love in heart not the differences among us,” said Sanchez adding that he extended his thanks to devoted teachers in Turkish schools.

Turkish School Officially Opens in Rwanda

FRANK KANYESIGYE Hope Kids Academy, an international Turkish school located in Kigali’s prime suburb of Nyarutarama, was on Friday evening officially opened. The school that admits children of four and five years of age offers Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP) and Cambridge ICT starters’ programme. The academy has both nursery and primary sections. The initial […]

Police waiting at hospital to detain İzmir woman after childbirth

Police are waiting at an İzmir hospital to detain Gülçin Çetinel, a Turkish woman who gave birth to her first baby early on Thursday, over alleged links to Turkey’s Gülen group.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gulen: The Idea Architect

‘I am just Fethullah the son of Ramiz’

Erdogan regime’s defamation of Hizmet at full throttle – UK-based academic denies recent allegations

Turkey’s largest charity group targeted

Shut down schools, not tutoring facilities

Pro-Kurdish deputy welcomes Gülen’s support for peace talks

Sacrificing a legend for a shoebox*

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News