Turkish intelligence abducts Gülen-linked expats in Malaysia: relatives


Date posted: October 16, 2016

With the government praising Malaysia over its alleged deportation of three Turkish citizens due to their links to the Gülen movement, recent tips from relatives stated that they were in fact abducted by Turkish intelligence officers.

Turkey Purge has just received a tip from the relatives of two of the three Turkish citizens who were allegedly extradited by Malaysian authorities upon a request from their Turkish counterparts as part of the latter’s clampdown against the movement.

A father of three, A.D. headed to a mosque late Thursday afternoon but failed to come home, according to the letter. His family reported the incident to Malaysian police, who later said that A.D. was kidnapped.

“A.D. is a father of three. He has been working in education in Malaysia since 2010. He contributed to the foundation of the 450-student Time International School in Kuala Lumpur and another school of the same size in Ipoh. … He won the backing of the relevant Malaysian ministry for his contributions to education.

“He departed [from home] to perform afternoon prayer at a mosque at 17.05 on Oct. 13, but he did not come back. His mobile phone cannot be reached, either.

“His family reported the incident to the police late on Thursday. The family was first told that A.D. was just missing, but later police reported that he had been abducted. His passport is still in the family’s possession.”

However Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said on Friday that Malaysian Premier Najib Razak kept his word and handed over three Gülen-linked citizens to Turkey on Thursday night.  President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on October 14: “Those who fled abroad, you shall not feel safe. They cannot get away with it.”

“Witnesses in the mosque said on Oct. 14 that two non-Malay people took A.D. and left.”

Another person who was reported by his relatives to be missing is the secretary-general of a Turkish-Malaysian business association.

“T.T. is married and has two children. … We have not heard from him since 13.00 on Oct. 13.

“He was attending courses at a language school. His car is still parked in the parking lot of the school.”

The Turkish Embassy is reported to have asked Malaysian authorities to close down Gülen-linked schools in the Asian country as in many other countries in late September. The Turkish ambassador reportedly asked authorities to take legal action against sympathizers of the Gülen movement as well.

Turkish government accuses the movement of masterminding a July 15 coup attempt, while the movement denies any involvement.

The movement is known for its education and aid activities in over 170 countries, but Turkish Foreign Ministry bureaucrats have been trying to expand domestic pressure to overseas subsidiaries of the movement in the recent past.

Turkish Education Minister İsmet Yılmaz said in mid-September that a government-established foundation is planning to take over 65 Gülen-linked schools in 15 countries. Quoting a story that recently appeared in the Greek Proto Thema newspaper, Turkey’s Vatan daily said on August 30 that Turkey’s National Intelligence Organization (MİT) has been tasked with locating, arresting and even killing Gülen-linked military officers who fled Turkey.

The fallout between the Turkish government and the movement first emerged when the government pinned the blame on the latter for the revelation of widespread corruption allegations back in 2013.

Source: Turkey Purge , October 15, 2016


Related News

Indonesian-Turkish Schools host 5th Science Olympiads

Turkish schools in Indonesia hosted the 5th Annual Indonesia Science Project Olympiads (ISPO) on February 26-28.ISPO is comprised of 6 different subject categories, namely biology, chemistry, environment, technology and computer. A total of 935 project entries were submitted to qualify for top 150. The projects attracted a great deal attention of the visitors. The finalists […]

Fresh resignation in Turkey’s ruling AKP over graft scandal

Çetin also denied that he had spoken about resigning with Gülen, adding that the U.S.-based scholar did not give orders to anyone. “He does not interfere with anyone’s preferences. You only take advise and he gives his personal opinion. He has actually persuaded me to stay until today,” the resigned deputy said.

Islamic scholars convene at ijtihad symposium in İstanbul

Around 100 Islamic scholars from many parts of the world gathered at İstanbul Congress Center at ijtihad conference organized by Yeni ümit and Hira Magazines.

Gülen: ‘Shame for military to stage coups but not to finish off the PKK’

Gülen expressed his grief over the deaths of dozens of security members during terrorist attacks in the country’s Southeast last week. He also expressed his disappointment over the Turkish military’s failure to end PKK terrorism over the past 30 years.

AKP deputy calls on Turkey’s religious officials to declare Gülen followers apostates

Ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) İstanbul deputy Metin Külünk has said Turkey’s top religious officials should declare supporters of the Gülen movement apostates, the Yeniakit daily reported on Monday. Erdoğan himself has called Gülen movement people “terrorists,” “traitors,” “vampires,” “leeches,” “tumors” and “viruses.”

Gov’t keeps purging, dozens of police officials across Turkey have been removed

The government’s massive purge of members of the police and judiciary following the eruption of a corruption and bribery scandal continued across the country on Tuesday, with dozens more police officials being removed from their posts.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Cyber attacks on news websites threaten freedom of press, expression

RTÜK issues fines to intimidate Samanyolu TV

Does the Gülen (Hizmet) Movement Deny the Armenian Genocide?

American academic: Hizmet Movement serves for entire humanity

Turkish teacher dies of cancer, buried in Australia

Turkish Cultural Center Vermont opened it doors at a ceremony held in Burlington

Turkish charity announces cooperation with German counterpart

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News