Istanbul court blocks access to Gülen’s website

Turkish Islamic preacher Fethullah Gulen is pictured at his residence in Saylorsburg, Pa. Gulen is charged in Turkey with plotting to overthrow the government in a case his supporters call politically motivated. (AP Photo/Selahattin Sevi)
Turkish Islamic preacher Fethullah Gulen is pictured at his residence in Saylorsburg, Pa. Gulen is charged in Turkey with plotting to overthrow the government in a case his supporters call politically motivated. (AP Photo/Selahattin Sevi)


Date posted: February 12, 2016

An Istanbul court has ruled to block access to the website of U.S.-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, accused by the Turkish government of “leading a terrorist organization.”

The Istanbul 7th Criminal Court of Peace stated in its Feb. 11 verdict that the website herkul.org broadcast speeches of “the leader of the armed terror organization Fethullahist Terror Organization (FETÖ)/Parallel State Structure (PDY), Fethullah Gülen.” It said the site should be blocked according to the law on the regulation of publications on the Internet and suppression of crimes committed through such publications.

According to the verdict, Gülen gave messages and instructions to executives and members of the organization about future terrorist actions through speeches published on the site.

It also said Gülen had given instructions about various “plot investigations” across Turkey in some of the speeches, which executives and members of the organization acted in line with.

The court ultimately ruled to send the verdict to the Association of Internet Access Providers (ESB), demanding implementation within four hours at the latest.

Source: Hurriyet Daily News , February 12, 2016


Related News

GYV gathers politicians, diplomats at iftar dinner in Turkish capital

“Ramadan is a time of compassion and mercy. In these blessed days, when patience and tolerance prevail, we once more remember love, peace, modesty, cooperation and living for others,” Gülen’s message said.

New Book – The House of Service: The Gülen Movement and Islam’s Third Way (New York: Oxford University Press)

Named after its leader Fethullah Gülen, the movement has established more than 1,000 secular educational institutions in over 140 countries, aiming to provide holistic education that incorporates both spirituality and the secular sciences.

Couple jailed for watching Fethullah Gülen videos at Internet cafe

An Ankara couple has been sent to prison after they were caught watching videos belonging to US-based Turkish scholar Fethullah Gülen at an internet cafe earlier this week.

Gülen-linked journalists organization voices concern over profiling claims

The Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV), one of the most prominent institutions affiliated with Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, released a statement expressing its concerns over the government’s claimed profiling of citizens, civic groups and public employees. “It is worrisome to witness developments that echo the said “National Security Board decision, such as the plan to ban prep schools, the profiling of public employees or the purging of bureaucrats who are affiliated with certain communities,” the statement published on the institution’s website said.

Professor Ori Z. Soltes: ‘Fethullah Gülen wants to be an altruistic servant of others’

Professor Ori Z. Soltes, author of ‘Embracing the World: Fethullah Gülen’s Thought and Its Relationship to Jalaluddin Rumi and Others,’ explains how Gülen’s perception of Sufism is grounded particularly in the work of thinkers such as Jalaluddin Rumi, Ibn Arabi and Said Nursi, but is also grounded in the idea of selflessness.

Three ministers resign as one urges PM to step down amid corruption probe

Environment and Urban Planning Minister Erdoğan Bayraktar, in a harsh statement, claimed that he had been pressured to submit his own resignation to save the prestige of the government, adding that the prime minister should also quit as most of the amendments on construction plans mentioned in the corruption investigation were made on Erdoğan’s orders.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gulen issued messages of condolence for victims of the ISIS attacks in Iraq and Bangladesh

The Fate of Turkmenistan’s Gülenists

WSJ: Turks fleeing Erdogan fuel new influx of refugees to Greece

Turkish PM Erdoğan’s rhetoric and reality

Kimse Yok Mu continues to help needy despite gov’t restrictions

Gülen’s lawyer: Pro-government media ignores ruling of Supreme Court of Appeals

White House concerned over arrest of Turkish journalists

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News