One blow after another at anti-Hizmet docu’s premier

The Pennsylvania screening of the documentary “The Gulen,” targeting the Hizmet Movement and the Honorable Fethullah Gulen, was met with failure.
The Pennsylvania screening of the documentary “The Gulen,” targeting the Hizmet Movement and the Honorable Fethullah Gulen, was met with failure.


Date posted: February 9, 2015

The Pennsylvania screening of the documentary “The Gulen,” targeting the Hizmet Movement and the Honorable Fethullah Gulen, was met with failure.

At the follow-up session, the panelist Mary Addi said the movie came a disappointment to her and then left the hall. The screening received low interest from American people and was attended by a small -predominantly Turkish- audience.

On invitation from the producers, Mary Addi noted she had a 6-hour drive but felt disappointed after seeing it. “I’m an American. Needless to say, I’m proud to be an American. But I felt like I was insulted during as it was running.”

The panelist received applause from the audience as she was leaving the hall after giving her comments. The following translation made her harsh criticism clear to the audience and changed the mood. Another panelist Gulseven Yaser revealed she made it to the screening although she is on Interpol’s red notice list. In her speech, Yaser repeated her allegations, which were legally refuted previously.

Producers scapegoated the Hizmet for the subtitle failure

Despite the complimentary tickets mailed to every home in the neighborhood, the locals did not show up for the screening. The English subtitle of the originally Turkish movie did not run smoothly, as it was incompatible with the theater’s technology. The officials put the blame on the Hizmet Movement, which was met with laughter from the journalists in the audience. The American audience, who were very few anyway, left the hall before long.

Director Koc: I’m a subjective one

In answer to the question “What makes you link the black Americans praying outside the Congress with the Hizmet Movement,” the director Serkan Koc said, “Those scenes surely have nothing physical to do with the Hizmet Movement.”Koc said he included them because he compared the Hizmet to those Muslims as a movement and philosophy. Koc further said he is a subjective director when asked why the movie features no remark from a Hizmet member.

Anti-Islamic author Paul Williams was among the audience

Paul Williams, who is often cited by the pro-government Turkish media, was also among the audience. Besides his anti-Islamic views, Williams is also known for his radical rightist position in the US politics.

He was the administrator of an anti-Islamic website until recently. The author argues “an educated Muslim is more dangerous than al-Qaeda.” His blasphemous remarks calling the Palestinian people “pedophile” had sparked reactions. In one of his articles in 2010, Williams would claim the then-president Abdullah Gul and then-PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan were disciples of Fethullah Gulen.

Published [in Turkish] on Samanyolu Haber, 8 February 2015.

Source: HizmetMovement.Com , February 9, 2015


Related News

False reports on Bank Asya breach laws

Earlier reports in the Turkish media had claimed that the government had mulled over a comprehensive investigation into Bank Asya following an ongoing corruption and bribery case. The papers cited the Hizmet movement — with which Bank Asya is affiliated — as the hand behind the police operations into persons close to the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party). The same reports implied a retaliatory attack on Bank Asya over alleged abuses within the bank.

Yeni Asya editor: Erdoğan kept strategy to finish off Gülen movement secret

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who launched an all-out war against the faith-based Gülen movement in late 2013, kept his strategy to eliminate the group a secret until he decided to sever ties with it completely, Yeni Asya daily Editor-in-Chief Kazım Güleçyüz has said, adding the elimination strategy was state-sponsored.

Aid organization head blasts terror probe

Turkey was shocked by a terror investigation against Kimse Yok Mu (KYM). According to a statement by the Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office, the organization was being probed over its alleged involvement in terrorism during activities during Eid al-Adha.

Immanuel Wallerstein and the Hizmet Movement

The Hizmet Movement is in a way an attempt to achieve what Wallerstein says, but from a Muslim’s point of view on a global level.

Something rotten within the government?

It stinks. This is the bluntest description of what the graft probe has revealed so far… So, regardless of the view of the issue as “Erdoğan vs the Hizmet movement,” it boils down to a battle between moral and immoral, clean and dirty, which is the real story of Turkey in the past 12 years. It was not the Hizmet movement, nor liberals, nor other reformists that brought the AKP to power; it was the average people of Turkey.

Fountain Magazine Essay Contest

A life with no disasters is a fantasy. All of us face them – both personally and globally – sooner or later. Then, how should we face a disaster? Just as we take measures while constructing buildings on a fault line, can we be always prepared? How do we defend our inner peace when facing danger? Tell us how you survive difficult times. Give us your best advice. Share your greatest life lesson.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Mining disaster victims commemorated by Senegalese students

Gulen Movement has been the driving force behind new relationships between Turkey and sub-Saharan African nations

Turkish mob boss to gov’t: Why bother with diplomacy? We’ll kill Gülen, his followers

Is Former Chief of General Staff Özkök a Closet Gülenist

Fethullah Gülen’s message to his sympathizers in the aftermath of the coup attempt

Speaking about Gülen, Chomsky: ‘Mandela declared as terrorist, too’

Fethullah Gulen Criticizes Gaza Flotilla

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News