Gülen condemns Paris shootings, says all forms of terror deplorable

Fethullah Gülen (Photo: Today's Zaman, Selahattin Sevi)
Fethullah Gülen (Photo: Today's Zaman, Selahattin Sevi)


Date posted: January 16, 2015

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has strongly condemned an attack on a French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo, and a series of shootings in Paris suburbs last week that left 17 dead, extending condolences to the families of the victims.

Gülen, who has been a clear voice in rejecting violence and terrorism, said in a statement on Wednesday that these revolting acts of terrorism are deplorable and that they serve no purpose but to bring about “destruction, sorrow and grief.”

“I reiterate my condemnation of all forms of terror regardless of its perpetrators or their stated purposes,” said the statement, published on behalf of Gülen by the New York-based Alliance for Shared Values.

The Islamic scholar said he shares his deep condolences with the victims’ families, loved ones and the people of France.

Gülen also extended his condolences to the victims of other recent terrorist attacks, including those in Turkey, Nigeria, Yemen, Pakistan, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. He urged world leaders to show sensitivity for lives lost in unspeakable tragedies, no matter where they occur.

Source: Today's Zaman , January 14, 2015


Related News

Turks are not cows

In question are serious and grave accusations such as being involved in corruption, stacking money in houses, seeking villas, trying to get rid of millions of dollars… If all of these were just slander, what would a political man with self-confidence do? Wouldn’t he publicly present concrete evidence proving the slander?

Path of Prophet offers solutions to social ills

6 May 2012 / İLKAY GÖÇMEN / NURULLAH KAYA, GAZİANTEP “During my visit to Turkey, I met with many people who are inspired by Gülen. I noticed educational institutions that are doing great things across the world and making efforts in the medical field. What the Gülen movement have been doing across the world is […]

Fethullah Gulen turns coup accusations on Erdogan

Fethullah Gulen, the man blamed by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of orchestrating the attempted military coup that rocked Turkey, has tried to turn the accusation against his political rival by suggesting that Mr Erdogan’s ruling AKP party had staged the uprising. In a rare interview from his residence in rural Pennsylvania with the Financial Times […]

GYV Presient Yesil: We knock on all doors

Mustafa Yesil is the president of the Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV), which is known as the Gulen community’s institutional representative. He has addressed a wide range of issues, among them the Gulen movement, eavesdropping, the arrest of Aziz Yildirim (chairman, Fenerbahce soccer team), the National Intelligence Institution’s (MIT’s) head Hakan Fidan’s query.

Gülen extends condolences to coal mine victims

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has extended condolences for victims of the coal mine blast in western Turkish town of Soma, wishing speedy recovery for injured workers.

Flautre: Investigation into Taraf daily, journalist over MGK docs ‘scandalous’

Hélène Flautre, the co-chairwoman of the EU-Turkey Joint Parliamentary Committee, has described the launch of an investigation into the Taraf daily and journalist Mehmet Baransu for publishing records of controversial National Security Council (MGK) documents as being “scandalous” and “inappropriate,” adding that she has serious concerns about freedom of the press in Turkey.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Erdoğan’s stance on Turkish Schools turns to hatred after corruption probes

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

Dutch government calls on Turkish community to report threats by supporters of Turkish President Erdogan

Child victims to be affected by smear campaign against KYM

Extradition request for Gülen aims at manipulating public perception

Inside the rural Pa. compound where an influential Muslim cleric lives in exile

Teacher tortured to death by Turkish police found innocent, reinstated to job

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News