Cabinet ruling against non-profit charity Kimse Yok Mu condemned

The cabinet ruling revoking Kimse Yok Mu’s status to receive donations without state approval continues to draw widespread condemnation.
The cabinet ruling revoking Kimse Yok Mu’s status to receive donations without state approval continues to draw widespread condemnation.


Date posted: October 4, 2014

The cabinet ruling revoking Kimse Yok Mu’s status to receive donations without state approval continues to draw widespread condemnation.

Lawyer Ergin Cinmen reacted to the court decision on Kimse Yok Mu stating, “If there is an ounce of law left in this country, then for sure this ruling to revoke the permit will be 100% annulled.”

He added, “the government will try to justify its ruling by referring to the December 17 corruption probe, or by stating the nonprofit is a target in fighting against the “parallel state.” There is no legal justification for this ruling not matter what.”

“The burden is on them to prove their allegations of misusing donations. It crystal clear that this ruling is against the law.”

This is the final straw in the smear campaign

President of the Universal Legal Experts Platform President Hasan Basri Aksoy:

“This is the final straw in the smear campaign. An inquiry needs to begin immediately against those who signed the decree. It is said that inspection reports on Kimse Yok Mu found no irregularities or wrongdoing. If this is the case, than the cabinet needs to provide proof.”

They have cut aid to people in need

Chairman of the Justice for All Platform Uygar Ergin stated, “the second clause of the Turkish constitution clearly states that Turkey is a country where the rule of law applies. According to the 5th article the government is responsible for liberating social obstruction, whereas in this case the government is self-obstructing.”

Independent parliamentarian and former Turkish soccer star Hakan Şükür criticized the cabinet ruling on twitter, saying: “those who steal food from the poor will one day be stranded. Almighty Allah has seen those signatures.”

Journalist Mustafa Akyol wrote, “I condemn the current government for its persecution of the Kimse Yok Mu.This witch hunt has exceeded all boundaries of reason and morality.”

The former police chief of Turkey’s southeastern province of Hakkari said, “the removal of Kimse Yok Mu’s status will only serve the terrorists in the PKK (Kurdistan Workers’ Party).

Source: BGNNews , October 2, 2014


Related News

Bridges of love extending from Konya to Kenya

Kimse Yok Mu volunteers have taken action to heal Kenya where 68 people lost their lives in a terrorist attack last month. Thanks to the Anatolian philanthropists and volunteers, thousands of African families were able to enjoy Eid al-Adha sprit fully, as it should be. 160 Konya (a central Turkey province) philanthropists and volunteers under […]

Turkish PM Erdoğan lashes out at Gülen as the head of ‘neo-Ergenekon’

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has stepped up his fiery rhetoric against his ally-turned-nemesis, the Gülen movement, criticizing U.S.-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen as the leader of “neo-Ergenekon.”

The Remarkable Scale of Turkey’s “Global Purge”

The global purge further erodes hopes that the end of the Cold War and expansion of the liberal order would result in democratic consolidation. The global purge is a threat not just to the Turkish diaspora but to the rule of law everywhere.

Who is Fethullah Gulen? (by National Catholic Reporter)

By blaming Fethullah Gulen and the Gulen movement for the coup attempt, Mr. Erdogan’s authoritarian tendencies have only increased as witnessed by the tens of thousands arrested and detained, and the radical curtailing of free speech. It now appears that in Mr. Erdogan’s hands Turkey’s future and that of the Middle East will be less democratic, less stable and more tumultuous than ever.

Today is another Human Rights Day, but atrocities persist | Opinion

One such case is the experience of thousands of Turkish people under the Erdogan regime after the failed coup attempt in July 2016. Soon after the coup attempt, Erdogan’s regime launched a crackdown on opponents and critics, detaining thousands of journalists, rights activists, lawyers, teachers and writers for their alleged involvement in anti-state activities.

Erdoğan isolates himself in power

Erdoğan is picky about journalists escorting him on board his official plane; he doesn’t like to see journalists asking annoying question around him anyway, but this time the criteria became really narrow. Umut Oran, Deputy Chairman of the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) asked the prime minister about his criteria, since Erdoğan excluded most popular papers like Hürriyet, Zaman, Posta, or critical ones like Sözcü, Cumhuriyet, Radikal, and whether the travel expenses of journalists from pro-government papers would be covered on the government budget.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Peace Valley Foundation recognizes reporter, teacher, preacher for community work

Gülen-linked gold firm’s operations halted for second time in two months

Turkish Review launched in UK with ceremony at House of Lords

Government circular bans Gülen followers from collecting sacrificed animal skins

Turkish Gov’t gears up to boost mutual trade with Ghana to $1 bln

4th International Panel for Sharing Coexistence Experience in Korea

Turkey’s counter-terrorism campaign [against Hizmet] discredited

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News