Kimse Yok Mu to launch legal case against cabinet ruling


Date posted: October 6, 2014

Kimse Yok Mu filed three separate lawsuits after the cabinet ruling revoking its license to collect donations without government approval.

The nonprofit Kimse Yok Mu’s status to collect donations without state approval was officially revoked with a 22 September 2014 dated cabinet ruling.

The chairman İsmail Cingöz released the copy of the cabinet ruling on October 2, 2014 via twitter. Rumors over a potential removal of the status had been circulating in the past few weeks and received wide condemnation.

One legal challenge is against the state council to block the ruling of the cabinet. The non-profit will also sue the Interior Minister Efkan Ala, the Ministry inspectors, and other involved officials on numerous grounds, including malfeasance, discrimination and defamation. Thirdly, the nonprofit is also filing lawsuits against numerous pro-government newspapers for damages totaling over TL 1 billion.

Chairman Cingöz condemned the ruling in the following tweets:

“The plot to finish Kimse Yok Mu is done!!! The announcement reached us after being disclosed on the pro-government newspapers Takvim and Star”

“This ruling is a persecution against the millions in need”

“none of the other non-profits had any comparable presence to Kimse Yok Mu.”

“the people will never forget who cosigned this ruling.”

Eid Mubarak aid to continue

Meanwhile İsmail Cingöz stated that the nonprofit will go forward with its campaign “during the Eid Mubarak to provide food to needy. Donors will bring their animals of sacrifice without any concern. “

On the recent ruling the chairman added, “we had promised to 72 nations to provide sacrifice animals… we will keep our promises.”

Kimse Yok Mu has presence in 113 nations directly providing aid to 300 thousand. The nonprofit had previously passed a controversially rigorous 2-month inspection with flying colors.

Kimse Yok Mu was one of the twelve non-profits given a status to collect donations without pre-approval. “This is plot to turn the Kimse Yok Mu into any other non-profit,” Cingöz wrote.

Deputy Prime Minister’s previous denial

On Monday Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç had denied that such a ruling was being considered. His signature is also featured in the document pertaining to the cabinet ruling. Arınç had said to the press, “such a status cannot be causally granted and revoked. There has to be a legal basis for any ruling; if not then the directors of the nonprofit can file a case against the cabinet.” Arınç had also stated that the cabinet meeting did not feature any discussion of Kimse Yok Mu’s status.

Ruling condemned

Independent parliamentarian and former Turkish soccer star Hakan Şükür criticized the cabinet ruling on twitter, saying: “those who steal food from the poor will one day be stranded. Almighty Allah has seen those signatures.”

Journalist Mustafa Akyol wrote, “I condemn the current government for its persecution of the Kimse Yok Mu.This witch hunt has exceeded all boundaries of reason and morality.”

The former police chief of Turkey’s southeastern province of Hakkari said, “the removal of Kimse Yok Mu’s status will only serve the terrorists in the PKK (Kurdistan Workers’ Party).

Source: BGN NEWS , October 3, 2014


Related News

5-months pregnant woman detained as police fail to locate husband

A woman, identified as B.D. was detained after police failed to locate her husband as part an investigation in to the Gulen movement, media reported Saturday.

Turkey, ‘The Devil’s Advocate’ and ‘Titanic’

Questions to challenge the primary and unjustified premise: What judicial (or other) process determined that these corruption investigations were a coup attempt against the government? What proof or evidence do you have to support this most serious claim? What disciplinary process did you undertake to determine that the people that were purged were members and culprits of this ‘coup’? In the absence of evidence and disciplinary process how did you determine these people’s association with Hizmet? When is government corruption not a judicial coup? How can you have the right to unilaterally determine the intent and purpose of these ongoing judicial investigations when your government is implicated in them? If your government can purge over 7,000 police officers (and thereby affect and prevent these investigations) without evidence, due process or disciplinary procedure, do you not set a precedent for every future potentially corrupt government to follow?

Parallel hearts…

It is unfair to accuse a movement whose only goal is to win hearts of seizing the state through bureaucracy. It destroys the world of the Anatolian people who are now holding hopes that they would be able to deal with their fate in the world. The goal and purpose of the Hizmet movement is not to create a parallel structure; its goal is to establish parallel hearts and a universal chorus of peace.

AKP official: Let sacked public servants eat tree roots

The Justice and Development Party’s (AKP) Isparta branch head, Osman Zabun, has said the civil servants who have recently been dismissed from state institutions over alleged links to the Gülen movement can go and “feed on tree roots” if they don’t want to starve to death.

AFSV Denounces President Erdogan’s Seizure of Leading Newspaper Zaman

The Turkish government’s seizure of Zaman, the largest-selling newspaper in Turkey, is an attack on the country’s human rights, civil society and freedom of expression and the media. In his effort to consolidate power and silence all dissent, president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s actions only serve to highlight his growing authoritarian tendencies.

International panel on Virgin Mary held in Istanbul

The international panel entitled “The Virgin Mary in the Holy Bible and the Holy Qur’an” jointly organized by Journalists and Writers Foundation’s Intercultural Dialogue Platform (KADIP), Roma Tevere Instituto and Izmir Intercultural Dialogue Center took place in Istanbul. In the final declaration of the panel, it was noted that the Virgin Mary who broke many discriminative taboos of her time played a significant role throughout history in placing women in the status they deserve.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Today’s Zaman Editor-in-Chief Bülent Keneş released pending trial

Police, gov’t inspectors raid Gülen-inspired private, prep schools in Gaziantep

Who is Fethullah Gulen?

Police raid prominent journalists’ foundation GYV in Turkey

Dialogue Platform’s Statement on Developments in Turkey

Pro-Erdogan journalist says killing Gülen followers, even their babies, a religious obligation

Hizmet movement could be powerful argument for education

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News