Somalian students condemn plot against Kimse Yok Mu


Date posted: October 6, 2014

The sinister plot to block the aid efforts of Kimse Yok Mu by revoking its permit to collect donations has received widespread condemnation; especially from international students who are pursuing their education in Turkey through the nonprofit’s sponsorship. Students from Somalia, Pakistan and the Congo are in fear of being left stranded.

Kimse Yok Mu has presence in 113 nations directly providing aid to 300 thousands. The non-profit passed a controversially rigorous 2-month inspection with flying colors.

Don’t leave those in need stranded

A total of 500 students from Somaila are studying in Turkey under the sponsorhip of Kimse Yok Mu. “To get the level of education Kimse Yok Mu has provided would have been only a dream where I am from,” said Abdülhakim Muhmmed Ahmet, who has been studying under Kimse Yok Mu’s sponsorship in Turkey’s western province of Balıkesir. He pleaded, “We thank Allah and Kimse Yok Mu and the people of Turkey. Please do not sever the branches of aid which reach out to the people in need – don’t blind the eyes of the needy.”

Who will look after us?

İbrahim Muhammed Abdülkadir said that Kimse Yok Mu sponsored the travel of 500 students to Turkey for education. Another student, Muhammed Adam Abdi, added, “the non-profit answered our call. We are saddened by the news. Who will look after us? Will have to pack up our bags and head home.” Muhtar Ali Guled “God bless Kimse Yok Mu for everything they have done for us. What will become of all the people in need if the non-profit were to be closed?”

Hundreds provided eye-care treatment

Kimse Yok Mu provides health care to 5,000 people in Pakistan. In September alone the nonprofit provided eye-care treatment for 2,047 patients across Pakistan. The non-profit has provided cataract treatment for a total of 492 Pakistanis, for free, in the provinces of Dera İsmail Khan and Paktunya in June and September. The ongoing campaign aims to treat 5,000 patients.

“Don’t even think about it”

The Chairman of the opposition BBP (Grand Unity Party) Mustafa Destici stated that any action against Kimse Yok Mu would clearly be indicative of ill intent. He warned officials, stating, “Don’t even think about it,” adding “Kimse Yok Mu are pioneers in the aid world.”

Source: BGN NEWS , October 2, 2014


Related News

Ex-ministers call on gov’t to abandon efforts to shut down Turkish schools

Reactions are growing in the face of the government’s effort to close Turkish schools abroad that are affiliated with the Hizmet movement, inspired by the teachings of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Ex-employee files complaint against TİB head over purge

An email claimed that the agency tampered with its system logs to fabricate evidence that the “parallel state,” a term the government uses to describe the Hizmet movement, had listened in on around 2,000 people. The message said the electronic serial numbers (ESNs) of these people were entered into the system as per instructions from TİB President Çelik and then erased — all to make it look like the Hizmet movement had spied on Turkish citizens and then covered its tracks.

PM Erdoğan increases intensity of hate speech against Hizmet movement

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has increased the intensity of his hate speech against the Hizmet movement, which is inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, calling on people not to attend the movement’s schools or exam preparatory courses and not to buy newspapers close to the movement.

Three ministers resign as one urges PM to step down amid corruption probe

Environment and Urban Planning Minister Erdoğan Bayraktar, in a harsh statement, claimed that he had been pressured to submit his own resignation to save the prestige of the government, adding that the prime minister should also quit as most of the amendments on construction plans mentioned in the corruption investigation were made on Erdoğan’s orders.

Dozens of the anti-Gülen and anti-Gülen Movement books on the shelves

24 July 2011 / Today’s Zaman Below news was published almost a year ago to list the books written against Gulen. Mr. Fethullah Gulen, for about a year, has been accused of getting some writers jailed because of the books they wrote. However, some columnists have been writing against him for more than 30 years […]

Answers to slanderous accusations about Hizmet movement

The Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV) has responded to a series of controversial claims and slanderous accusations made about the Hizmet movement which the foundation said are designed to pit the government against the movement and create tension between the two. Releasing a statement on Tuesday, the foundation felt an obligation to respond to the allegations as a sign of respect for the public’s right to be informed.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

By Extraditing Anti-Erdogan Leader, Trump Would Betray American Values

Opinion: Does the Turkish Intelligence Agency Plan to Abduct Turkish Dissidents from the US?

‘Hizmet is a social movement worldwide, that has a heart, and it’s always from the heart.’

Turkish refugee in Spain: “If I go back to Turkey, I’ll be arrested and tortured”

Erdogan men advised to have polygamous marriages with wives of jailed Gülen followers

Overwhelming public response in support of Bank Asya

FM Davutoğlu annuls decree ordering Turkish embassies to support Gülen Movement: Reports

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News