Deputy denies telling daily Star of Hizmet plot against him


Date posted: February 21, 2014

İSTANBUL

Independent deputy İhsan Barutçu denied telling the Star daily that the Hizmet movement had plotted against him, after the daily ran a headline on Friday with a quote from the deputy.

Star quoted Barutçu as saying that a religious community might have been responsible for filming sex tapes of his affair — sex tapes that were published on the Internet and led to his expulsion from the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) prior to the July 2011 national elections.

Although the perpetrators of a plot to ruin Barutçu have not been found by the state authorities, Star implied that the Hizmet movement had filmed the tapes in an effort to “influence politics.” Referring to the Hizmet movement as a “parallel organization,” Star implied that Barutçu himself had also accused the movement of filming the videos.

“I neither used the word ‘parallel state’ nor ‘cemaat’ [Hizmet movement] in my remarks,” Barutçu said, adding that he would have openly identified the perpetrators had he known who they were. The deputy said that “despite all the problems and sufferings” the scandal had caused, people should avoid accusing others without evidence.

Barutçu also said that since the incident — which altered his political career — he has been asking those in Parliament to consider his case and help him uncover who is behind the plot.

When reporters at Parliament mentioned that Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had said he himself had prevented further exploitation of the tapes, Barutçu pointed out that his former party knows just “who applauded and who booed” the incident when it happened.

In its report, which Barutçu claims is false, Star said a prosecutor named Ekrem Beyaztaş illegally tapped Barutçu’s phones between March-June 2011, shortly before the sex tapes were leaked.

Source: Todays Zaman , February 21, 2014


Related News

Police awaiting outside hospital to detain woman who just gave birth

A group of police officers has been waiting outside of private Hizmet Hospital in Istanbul’s Bahcelievler district in order to detain a woman who gave birth to her third child just several hours ago, according to Turkish media.

Turkey’s Witch-Hunt Against the Gülen Movement Should Stop

The relationship between AKP and Hizmet fell apart in late 2013 after allegations of corruption were made against the Erdogan government by an allegedly “parallel structure” within the state and supposed shadow fifth column controlled by the Gülen Movement.

France sentences attacker targeting Gulenists as Turkey releases gunman in similar case

A 28-year-old man of Turkish origin has been handed down a prison sentence of eight months and a fine of 23,000 euros by a French court after he attacked several institutions affiliated with the faith-based Gülen movement in the country.

Turkey to Release Tens of Thousands of Prisoners to Make Room for Coup Suspects

Turkey said on Wednesday that it would empty its prisons of tens of thousands of criminals to make room for the wave of journalists, teachers, lawyers and judges rounded up in connection with last month’s failed coup.

Half a million people in Turkey subject to prosecution over Gülen links: ministry

A total of 500,650 people have been investigated over real and alleged links to the Gülen movement, the Cumhuriyet daily reported on Monday.

Turkish court: There is no Gulen terror organization

The 2nd Criminal Court in the southern province of Hatay rejected an indictment prepared about the Fethullah Gülen Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), a term used by the Turkish government to describe the Gülen movement, saying that there is no such a terrorist organization officially identified.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

US Cannot ‘Suspend’ Constitution for Gulen Extradition – Ex-Prosecutor

FM Davutoglu praises Fethullah Gülen’s contribution to education

What are the golden kids of the Turkish Olympiads doing now?

Father jailed over Gülen links, 6-months-old paralyzed baby left in intensive care

A Rare Meeting With Reclusive Turkish Spiritual Leader Fethullah Gulen

Thousands attend Turkish Festival in Johannesburg

Retired ambassadors slam government orders over graft probe

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News