Turkish schools holding Indonesia’s largest science olympiad


Date posted: February 20, 2014

 

 

INDONESIA

The Turkish schools in Indonesia kicked off its annual Indonesia Science Project Olympiads (ISPO), the largest science contest of the nation. The contest, in its sixth year, saw a huge participation of the Indonesian students.

One thousand 202 project entries in total from across the country were received months ahead of the event. 160 of them qualified for the finals passing a jury of eminent names. The finalists will be ultimately judged by academics from the top five universities of the country. Top 25 projects will receive their awards at a ceremony this Thursday and represent Indonesia in international science olympiads.

Ramazan Cingil, ISPO coordinator, said they are organizing the event in cooperation with the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Institute of Sciences (LIPI). Many scintillating projects are being exhibited at the event. Insulation products out of bamboo, power-generating treadmills and clean energy projects are just a few of them.

Published [in Turkish] on Cihan, 18 February 2014, Tuesday

Source: HizmetMovement.com , February 20, 2014


Related News

Turkey warns Kazakhstan over Gulen-linked schools

Astana (Kazakhstan) (AFP) – Turkey’s ambassador to Kazakhstan on Friday warned the Central Asian country over its schools linked to US-based preacher Fethullah Gulen, whom the Turkish government blames for this month’s coup attempt.

Rumi Forum Fellowship Program 2015

Rumi Forum is inviting PhD candidates and those who have recently completed there doctorates in social sciences for a study fellowship that incorporates a trip to Turkey with the mission of exploring social, economic, cultural, security and political issues in Turkey and the wider region during 2015.

AK Party gov’t treats critical letters, columns as ‘treachery’

In an attempt to defame the Hizmet movement inspired by Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, the Turkish government and its media outlets have presented letters sent by civil society representatives affiliated with the faith-based movement to foreign officials providing them with information about the situation in Turkey as “treachery.”

Minister says Pak-Turk schools won’t be closed down

Karachi—Sindh Education minister Jam Mehtab Dhahar has assured a Turkish team Tuesday that Pak-Turkish schools will not be closed down in Sindh or anywhere in Pakistan. They gave the assurance to the visiting Turkish team during meeting in Karachi, with the Turkish officials, here on a tour.

Palauan President: We would like to participate in Turkish Language Olympics

The President Remengesau expressed his pleasure to receive the delegation and delivered a presentation on the Republic of Palau and its people. He further accentuated the significant role that intercultural activities will play in boosting Turkish-Palauan bilateral relations. He also expressed his willingness to have Palauan student participate in the coming Turkish Language Olympics.

Gülen movement’s silent majority

After all, it is not difficult to understand that the reasons pushing so many people so far from home have been a love of service and a love of their own country. During the course of my travels, I also had the chance to meet a few of the teachers dedicated to their service and to teaching in these schools. Most of them had sacrificed some of their own opportunities so that they could simply contribute to the schools at which they are working.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Efforts to accuse Hizmet movement of conspiracy failed, says lawyer

A major scandal by the Mukhabarat state

Turkish Islamic preacher – threat or benefactor?

Hizmet movement sticks to principles, AK Party transformed by the state

Raindrop Turkish House Featured in New York Times

Fethullah Gülen’s message to “Gülen Movement” conference in Senegal

Nigerien Minister of Education at Kimse Yok Mu

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News