22 Kosovo Police officers under investigation for deporting Turkish ‘Gulenists’

Six Turkish nationals who were abducted by Turkey's National Intelligence Organization in Kosovo on Thursday are seen allegedly in the Turkish Embassy in Pristina. (Photo: Vocal Europe)
Six Turkish nationals who were abducted by Turkey's National Intelligence Organization in Kosovo on Thursday are seen allegedly in the Turkish Embassy in Pristina. (Photo: Vocal Europe)


Date posted: August 16, 2019

Kosovo’s Special Prosecution has confirmed to have received a criminal report against 22 police officers who were involved in the arrest and deportation of six Turkish nationals in March 2018 suspected of their alleged links with Fethullah Gulen’s movement, whom Turkey accuses of attempted coup in 2016.

The Special Prosecution of the Republic of Kosovo (SPRK) confirmed to Radio Free Europe that they have received the criminal report from the Police Inspectorate of Kosovo (PIK). “The SPRK has received a criminal report lodged by the Police Inspectorate of Kosovo against 22 suspects, whereas we are investigating also other people related to this case,” said Ekrem Lutfiu, spokesperson to the SPRK. The State Prosecution Office has launched an investigation into the so called “Gulenists” case after a Parliament’s inquiry committee found that authorities have violated laws during the arrest and deportation of the six Turkish men in March 2018. The commission found that most of the breaches were committed by the Kosovo Police and the Kosovo Intelligence Agency.

After the arrest of Turkish men in March 2018 the then prime minister Ramush Haradinaj said that he was not informed of the operation and as a result he dismissed his minister of interior and chief of the intelligence agency. /GazetaExpress/

Source: Gazeta Express , August 15, 2019


Related News

Turkey Should Protect All Prisoners from Pandemic

Terrorism may sound like the gravest of offenses, but in Turkey, the government misuses the charge for political ends. Many inmates are placed in lengthy pretrial detention or sentenced without evidence.

Teachers detained on coup charges while casting votes in referendum

A.A. and T.D., two teachers who were earlier dismissed from their posts as part of a post-coup crackdown on the Gülen movement, were taken into custody on Sunday at a school in Malatya where they stopped to cast their votes in a referendum on a switch to an executive presidency.

Turkish PM: State of emergency will continue until Gülen movement completely wiped out

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said in Ankara on Thursday that the state of emergency which was declared following a failed coup attempt in July of last year will continue until the faith-based Gülen movement, which the government accuses of being behind the coup attempt, is completely wiped out from state institutions.

One year after attempted coup, purges have left hundreds of Turkish academics imprisoned

After the attempted coup, college professors have been hit especially hard, thanks to Gülen’s popularity inside Turkish higher education. Turks were encouraged to report Gülen’s followers to the government. Universities have been ordered to establish 7-8 member committees looking into anti-government activities of the faculty and administration.

Gulen Slams Turkey Crackdown Before Erdogan Demands Extradition

The exiled cleric accused by Turkey of orchestrating last year’s attempted coup charged President Recep Tayyip Erdogan with seeking to silence critics, as the Turkish leader prepared to push for the preacher’s extradition in a White House meeting with Donald Trump.

Turkey wants NBA star jailed for insulting President Erdogan

A Turkish prosecutor asked for NBA’s New York Knicks star Enes Kanter to be jailed for up to four years for insulting Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, the state-run news agency Anadolu reported on Wednesday.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Sacked policeman’s grim death sparks debate on COVID-19 data in Turkish prisons

Top judge, paralysed after cancer surgery, under arrest at hospital

Man abducted by Turkish intel exposes torture during 9-month enforced disappearance

Light Academy schools groom global citizens

Kimse Yok Mu lends helping hand to 1,650 Somali families during Ramadan

Turkey fosters strong educational ties with Iraqi Kurds

Turkey fails to channel money into industry: TUSKON

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News