Kimse Yok Mu to launch legal case against cabinet ruling


Date posted: October 6, 2014

Kimse Yok Mu filed three separate lawsuits after the cabinet ruling revoking its license to collect donations without government approval.

The nonprofit Kimse Yok Mu’s status to collect donations without state approval was officially revoked with a 22 September 2014 dated cabinet ruling.

The chairman İsmail Cingöz released the copy of the cabinet ruling on October 2, 2014 via twitter. Rumors over a potential removal of the status had been circulating in the past few weeks and received wide condemnation.

One legal challenge is against the state council to block the ruling of the cabinet. The non-profit will also sue the Interior Minister Efkan Ala, the Ministry inspectors, and other involved officials on numerous grounds, including malfeasance, discrimination and defamation. Thirdly, the nonprofit is also filing lawsuits against numerous pro-government newspapers for damages totaling over TL 1 billion.

Chairman Cingöz condemned the ruling in the following tweets:

“The plot to finish Kimse Yok Mu is done!!! The announcement reached us after being disclosed on the pro-government newspapers Takvim and Star”

“This ruling is a persecution against the millions in need”

“none of the other non-profits had any comparable presence to Kimse Yok Mu.”

“the people will never forget who cosigned this ruling.”

Eid Mubarak aid to continue

Meanwhile İsmail Cingöz stated that the nonprofit will go forward with its campaign “during the Eid Mubarak to provide food to needy. Donors will bring their animals of sacrifice without any concern. “

On the recent ruling the chairman added, “we had promised to 72 nations to provide sacrifice animals… we will keep our promises.”

Kimse Yok Mu has presence in 113 nations directly providing aid to 300 thousand. The nonprofit had previously passed a controversially rigorous 2-month inspection with flying colors.

Kimse Yok Mu was one of the twelve non-profits given a status to collect donations without pre-approval. “This is plot to turn the Kimse Yok Mu into any other non-profit,” Cingöz wrote.

Deputy Prime Minister’s previous denial

On Monday Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç had denied that such a ruling was being considered. His signature is also featured in the document pertaining to the cabinet ruling. Arınç had said to the press, “such a status cannot be causally granted and revoked. There has to be a legal basis for any ruling; if not then the directors of the nonprofit can file a case against the cabinet.” Arınç had also stated that the cabinet meeting did not feature any discussion of Kimse Yok Mu’s status.

Ruling condemned

Independent parliamentarian and former Turkish soccer star Hakan Şükür criticized the cabinet ruling on twitter, saying: “those who steal food from the poor will one day be stranded. Almighty Allah has seen those signatures.”

Journalist Mustafa Akyol wrote, “I condemn the current government for its persecution of the Kimse Yok Mu.This witch hunt has exceeded all boundaries of reason and morality.”

The former police chief of Turkey’s southeastern province of Hakkari said, “the removal of Kimse Yok Mu’s status will only serve the terrorists in the PKK (Kurdistan Workers’ Party).

Source: BGN NEWS , October 3, 2014


Related News

Reaction mounts against PM’s witch-hunt remarks

Politicians, members of the judiciary and journalists have spoken out against threatening remarks by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who stated that the government will carry out a witch hunt against followers of a faith-based group [Hizmet movement].

12-year-old claims asylum with UN as father caught in Erdogan’s anti-Gülen dragnet in Saudi Arabia

The 12-year-old T.K. has claimed asylum with the United Nations (UN) office in Saudi Arabia alone after his/her father was detained by Saudi officials as part of what many say President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s ever-growing witch-hunt against the Gulen movement that has spread to overseas in the recent past.

Are Turkey’s Prisoners Hostages?

Rumors have circulated throughout Turkey that, under the guise of averting a prison riot, Erdogan might order his forces to fire on the prisons. It is not a scenario beyond the realm of possibility; after all, the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi did something similar, killing more than 1,000 political prisoners.

Government allegedly plots to blame Bingöl attacks on Hizmet movement

Twitter user @fuatavni has claimed the government has launched a plan to blame an attack in which two police officers were killed on Oct. 9 in Bingöl on the Hizmet movement, which is inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Erdoğan government opposes democratic values: detained Turkish journalist

The government of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is falsely accusing anybody that opposes it of treason, a prominent Turkish journalist currently detained in an Istanbul prison

Gov’t targets Hizmet to distract attention from corruption, says director

Demirkubuz believes that all the “good things” that the government did prior to the 2010 referendum were to guarantee its position, rather than celebrating the rule of law and justice, as evidenced by the fact that the prosecutors who were called heroes yesterday are called traitors today. Demirkubuz urged society to go through an exercise of self-criticism in terms of the preference for power over freedoms.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Swiss investigate spying on Turkish community

Turks mobilize to join solidarity campaign for Bank Asya

Should Hizmet establish a political party?

AKP official: Torture claims won’t be investigated if victims are Gülenists

Kimse Yok Mu reaches out to refugee families in Afghanistan

The dominant assessment in NATO: Turkey’s President Erdoğan staged the coup himself

An Armenian from Turkey in Los Angeles…

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News