Organization (Kimse Yok Mu?) helped 79 Syrian families


Date posted: February 12, 2014

ELAZIĞ

 

Elazig branch of “Is Anybody There?” (Kimse Yok Mu?) organization donated food and blankets to 79 Syrian families who found shelter in Turkey after the war broke in Syria.

Organization officials delivered donations, blankets and food to Syrian families with the coordination of AFAD (Disaster and Emergency Management Department) officials.  The president of “Is Anybody There?” Elazig branch, Mr. Onder Colak, noted that they have been making donations to Syrian refugees in Turkey since the first days of civil war outbreak in Syria.  He expressed that donations were being made based on the needs of the season.  For the cold winter period, Syrian guests in different neighborhoods of Elazig were provided with packages consisting of seasonal needs, like blankets and daily needs.

Colak mentioned that Turkish people always supported the oppressed, and he added “Our brothers/sisters are in pain right now. We wanted to be with them in these cold winter days. We have helped 79 Syrian families with the help of AFAD. We visited each home, one by one, and distributed the supplies and inquired after their health”.

Colak also mentioned that they hope to get support from people of Elazig and added “We should consider the refugees from Syria as our guests. In these cold winter days, the children of these families should get whatever they need, food, clothing or else. It is part of, not only our religion, but also our culture that makes us support and help the poor and the people in need. We thank everyone who are sensible about this organization on behalf of the people in need. If you want to donate text BAGIS to 5777 or call our organization from 444 4 593”.

Source: Star Gundem , January 18, 2014


Related News

Ankara assassination: Why Erdogan blames the Gulenists and ignores the jihadists

Ironically, Erdogan finds it more expedient to blame Hizmet, rather than Daesh (IS), for the jihadist atrocities being consistently perpetrated in Turkey today. Thus, the Turkish Islamist president has got a scapegoat following all terror incidents of jihadist nature or other internal crisis engulfing the country.

Law firms press charges against Gülen in favor of al-Qaeda-linked group

Two law firms have filed a complaint against US-based Turkish Islamic scholar for allegedly orchestrating a conspiracy against a radical Turkish group that is believed to have links to Al-Qaeda.

Turkish Police Wait To Detain Another Women Just Hours After Delivery

Turkish government, which has imprisoned at least 700 babies so far, is now trying to imprison one more mother together with her newly born baby in Kahramanmaraş province on Tuesday.

US prosecutor denies any links to Gülen, says never set foot in Turkey

Responding to allegations from Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who accused US Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara of being a sympathizer of the faith-based Gülen movement, Bharara said he has just learned Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen’s name from Google and has never been to Turkey.

Yet another woman detained due to Gülen links shortly after delivery

Sultan Çetintaş, who gave birth on Monday to her third child in the Turkish province of İzmir, was detained on Tuesday over alleged links to the faith-based Gülen movement. Çetintaş was taken to the courthouse with her one-day-old baby after undergoing a C-section.

Interview: U.S. Judge Says Turkey’s Judiciary ‘Taken Over’ By Erdogan

Even before the coup attempt in July, the judiciary was being essentially taken over by [then] PM Tayyip Erdogan. When the attempted coup occurred in July, within 24 hours there were arrest warrants for almost 3,000 judges. And it’s very clear, and in fact it’s been admitted by the deputy chair of the High Council [of Judges and Prosecutors, the body that selects and assigns judges], that that list of judges had existed for years.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

I am the mastermind behind the failed Turkish coup attempt! I am Mr. Gulen’s secret ‘abi’

France sentences attacker targeting Gulenists as Turkey releases gunman in similar case

Client fearfully waiting his turn to be tortured at Ankara police station: lawyer

Alevi, Sunni businessmen will finance joint prayer complex

New Zealand politicians attend iftar dinner of Turkish foundation despite embassy’s warning

Funeral prayer held for Turkish volunteer Zengindemir in Oklahoma City

Australian Catholic University announces Fethullah Gulen international scholarship

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News