TUSKON to gather 2,000 businessmen from all over world in İstanbul

Hundreds of businessmen from all around the world attended the opening ceremony of the Turkey-World Trade Bridge 2012 held by TUSKON in İstanbul on Tuesday. The event will start on Wednesday. (Photo: Today's Zaman, Hüseyin Sarı)
Hundreds of businessmen from all around the world attended the opening ceremony of the Turkey-World Trade Bridge 2012 held by TUSKON in İstanbul on Tuesday. The event will start on Wednesday. (Photo: Today's Zaman, Hüseyin Sarı)


Date posted: November 28, 2012

The Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON) has organized another Turkey-World Trade Bridge summit, to be held in İstanbul starting Wednesday as nearly 2,000 businessmen from all around the world fly in to attend.

Turkish businessmen from a number of sectors, including textiles and machinery, among others, will engage in private meetings with their counterparts from the Balkans, the Americas, Asia, Africa and Asia-Pacific to sign business deals.

TUSKON President Rızanur Meral said nearly 26,000 foreign businessmen in addition to the 40,000 Turkish businessmen attended previous events organized by the business organization.

Source: Today’s Zaman  28 November 2012


Related News

Fethullah Gulen Condemns Turkish Crackdown on His Supporters

Gulen has denied any involvement in the coup attempt. He said Thursday the crackdown on his supporters will be recorded as “dark pages in world history.” The crackdown has raised concerns among Turkey’s Western allies and human rights organizations, which have urged the government to show restraint.

Abundant accusations [against Hizmet], little evidence

The Turkish media – or what is left of it – has already found Fethullah Gülen guilty of the coup attempt on July 15. When challenged about the evidence, the most common reply is “Come to Turkey and see” or “Everyone in Turkey thinks this way.” This almost unanimous opinion is not a coincidence, and it does imply a monopoly over the Turkish media rather than any objective fact.

They want my backing for the enrollment in Turkish schools

FIBA Holding chairman of the board Hüsnü Özyeğin says Turkish Olympiads are more important than international Olympiads, and that foreigners want his backing for enrolling their children in Turkish schools. A group of students currently in Istanbul for the 11th Turkish Olympiads, which was arranged by International Turkish Language Association (TÜRKÇEDER), visited FIBA Holding chairman […]

Businessmen released following operation against Gülen movement

Based on the government’s much criticized “reasonable suspicion” law, a large number of businessmen in Uşak province were detained last week as part of an investigation into the so-called “parallel structure,” although most of them were released late on Friday night due to a lack of evidence to support a possible prosecution.

Samanyolu permission to shoot Ramadan program in mosque

Requests submitted by the Samanyolu Group seeking permission for two of its stations to shoot programs in the gardens of two mosques in the Üsküdar district of Istanbul during the holy month of Ramadan have been turned down by the İstanbul Mufti’s Office.

Al-Nusra Claims Responsibility For Murder Of Russian Ambassador, Warns Of More Attacks

The Jabhat Fatah al-Sham organization (formerly the al-Nusra Front) claimed to be responsible for Monday’s murder of Russian Ambassador Andrey Karlov’s in Ankara. Turkish Foreign Minister Cavusoglu had even told his US counterpart John Kerry that both Turkey and Russia “know” that the Gulen movement was behind the ambassador’s murder.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

21st century Pharaoh rises: The tragedy of Turkey’s failed coup

Walking in the Shoes of Others: Stepping in and out of Turkey

Corruption probe [in Turkey]

Turkey-China seek new gateway for business at Tuskon meeting

Turkey wants NBA star jailed for insulting President Erdogan

Extradition of Turkish Citizens: Moldova to pay 125,000 euros in damages for rights violations

The Persecution of the Hizmet (Gülen) Movement in Turkey: A Chronicle

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News