Bosnia and Herzegovina Court rules that Keskin must not be deported to Turkey


Date posted: December 19, 2019

A court in the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, reversed the decision to deport Turkish citizen Fatih Keskin, who faces a trial in his country for opposing the government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

A court previously ruled in several cases that such requests could not be fulfilled because no international body had declared that the Gulen movement was a “terrorist” group, HINA reported.

Nedim Ademovic and Senka Nozica, Keskin’s lawyers, confirmed in a statement on Monday that they received the ruling against an earlier decision by the foreign affairs office and the security ministry to revoke their client’s residence permit.

Keskin was arrested by police and placed under constant surveillance at the immigration center near Sarajevo.

An intelligence assessment conducted by the Bosnian Intelligence and Security Agency (OSA) previously stated that Keskin was a threat to national security, the national HINA news agency reported.

But the court was unable to obtain the OSA document to find out exactly what he was accused of.

According to the news portal klix.ba, Keskin left the immigration center on Monday night after almost two weeks of detention.

He said he did not know what kind of threat he represented to the national security of Bosnia and that he would consider seeking redress after speaking with his lawyers.

Keskin is the principal of Richmond Park College High School, based in the Bosnian city of Bihac. He has lived in Bosnia for almost two decades with his family.

After his arrest, reports from the Turkish media linked him to Fethullah Gulen, a Turkish cleric based in the United States who is seen as the leader of a “terrorist organization” that seeks to overthrow the Erdogan government.

During a visit to Bosnia this year, Erdogan asked Sarajevo to extradite Turkish citizens that he considers opponents of his government.

Source: Upnewsinfo.Com , December 17, 2019


Related News

The Turkish connection in India

As the Turkish Consulate gets ready to set up office in Hyderabad, Neeraja Murthy finds a Turkey-Hyderabad connect. Indialogue Foundation, the Turkish cultural centre acts as a hub for the 15 Turkish families living in Hyderabad. “We get together here during religious ceremonies like Eid and we organise inter-faith seminars, talks, conferences and cultural programmes. We arrange business meetings between Turkish and Indian businessmen and also organise Turkish celebrations.”

Gülen’s lawyers refute justice minister’s statement likening Gülen to Iran’s Khomeini

Lawyers for Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen have said via Twitter that Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ should have provided proof to back up his statement that Gülen planned to return from the US to Turkey in a similar way to Iran’s revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

Deputy PM says image of gov’t-Hizmet fight ugly

Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç on Monday said the image of a fight between his Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government and Hizmet movement is very ugly, adding that the government has never wanted to reach such a point. Speaking on a program on Habertürk TV, he said: “If there are problems, we can […]

Turkey’s New Constitution Would End Its Democracy

In practice, a revised constitution would make it much easier for Erdogan to consolidate power entirely, taking Turkey out of the democratic column and making it into a dictatorship, pure and simple.

Kimse Yok Mu waits weeks for aid campaign go-ahead

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There?) has been waiting 37 days for permission from the İstanbul Governor’s Office to continue seven aid campaigns bringing various kinds of relief and services to people in need around the world.

72-year-old Turkish man detained over coup charges

Gülen movement has been accused of masterminding the coup attempt on July 15 despite its successive statements that denied any involvement. Failing to back up its accusations with credible evidence, the government has detained more than 40,000 people and arrested 24,000 over their alleged links to the coup attempt since July 15.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Very bad things are happening in Turkey

Lynching of the Hizmet movement by the hand of the state

Alevi, Sunni businessmen will finance joint prayer complex

Turkey should compensate abused Nigerian students

Will Gülen Movement schools offer Kurdish-medium education?

Gülen-linked journalists organization voices concern over profiling claims

Likely case against Hizmet will bolster authoritarian character of Erdoğan gov’t

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News