Afghan Parents Complain to UN Over Detention of Turkish Teachers


Date posted: December 19, 2017

The parents’ committee of Afghan-Turk schools on Monday called for an end to the oversight by the security forces on the movement of all those teachers who were last week detained during a raid in Kabul.

Although reports surfaced on Sunday in the media that two of the five individuals had been released, it is said that still one Turkish teacher and one Turkish restaurant owner are under house arrest.

On Monday, the parents’ committee of Afghan-Turk schools filed a complaint letter to the office of United Nations Assistance Mission (UNAMA).

“Undoubtedly there is pressure from the Turkish side on our government, but the resolution of the issue must be addressed within the framework of the law,” said Yusuf Pashtun, head of Afghan-Turk parents committee.

According to the parents’ committee, the Turkish government has asked Afghanistan to handover two Turkish nationals to the Turkish authorities.

Reports say that Afghan officials have also collected the passports of at least two Turkish nationals.

It is said that two of the Turkish nationals have been recognized as asylum seekers by the UN.

“Going to the UN will not be the final door to us, we will knock on every possible door to ensure that the teachers’ rights as well as justice and the law prevail,” said Fazel Ahmad Manavi, member of Afghan-Turk parents committee.

The parents’ committee also handed a letter to the office of Afghanistan Attorney General (AGO) to investigate the issue.

“All aspects of the issue will be clarified once the investigations of our colleagues are wrapped up. When our colleagues reach an outcome, we will share the issue,” said AGO spokesman Jamshid Rasuli.

The raid by the Afghan security forces on Afghan-Turk school sparked wide reactions among the Afghan public.

Afghanistan and Turkey have not signed an agreement for the extradition of their nationals.

Sources on Sunday said the fate of two teachers – both Turkish nationals – of the Afghan-Turk school in Kabul who were detained by the National Directorate of Security (NDS) last week, remains unknown.

They said that the government has confiscated the passports of family members of the two teachers.

 

Source: Tolo News , December 18, 2917


Related News

Why Gulen-sympathizers with their babies risk death to flee Erdogan regime

There is a reason why Turks risk death to flee with their babies. It’s not that they are looking for a better life. They are fleeing torture and life imprisonment.

Intellectuals from West, East agree Gülen movement works for a better world

At a time when the faith-based Gülen movement is under heavy government pressure in Turkey, intellectuals from various countries have praised the movement for its efforts to make the world a better place for everyone by promoting education, peace, benevolence through dedication.

Turkey’s Post-Coup Purge and Erdogan’s Private Army

A year later, Western intelligence officials and top Turkey analysts aren’t nearly so sure of Gulen’s complicity. Earlier this year, German spy chief Bruno Kahl revealed that Ankara has failed to convince the BND foreign intelligence agency that Gulen was behind the ill-planned and executed coup plot. “Turkey has tried to convince us of that at every level, but so far it has not succeeded,” Kahl told the German weekly Der Spiegel in March.

Erdoğan receives harsh criticism from civil society over bid to close Turkish schools

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s bid for the closure of Turkish schools affiliated with the Gülen movement in African countries has drawn harsh criticism from various segments of the society, including journalists, artists and politicians.

29-Year-Old Judge, A Victim Of Post-Coup Witch Hunt, Dies In Prison

“Mehmet Tosun, 29 year-old, a judge of Council of State. Dismissed with a decree, arrested, got sick in prison, died yesterday, buried today,” Hüseyin Aygün, a former deputy of the main opposition People’s Republican Party (CHP), tweeted on Tuesday.

Kenya: Investigate Deportation of Turkish National

Kenyan authorities should investigate the alleged abduction and eventual deportation of Selahaddin Gülen to Turkey despite a Kenyan court order prohibiting his deportation, Human Rights Watch said today.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Nigeria won’t allow mistreatment of her students by Turkey – Presidency

Final declaration of the 33rd Abant Platform: “Turkey direction”

‘Young Turks’ Of Bridge Building

Austrian politician documents Turkish surveillance abroad [on Gulen movement]

Arabs, Turks attempt to redefine Arab uprisings, political trajectories

Deputy PM says image of gov’t-Hizmet fight ugly

Sudan arrests Gülen-linked businessman at Turkey’s request

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News