Erdogan vows for genocide of Gulen sympathizers: “We will not give them the right to life!”


Date posted: April 5, 2017

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who has been waging a relentless war against followers of the faith-based Gülen movement in Turkey for the past several years, has said Gülen movement sympathizers in the country will not enjoy the right to life.

Speaking at a rally in the Black Sea province of Zonguldak on Tuesday, Erdoğan said: “We are purging every Gülenist in the army, in the police and in state institutions. And we will continue cleansing [these organizations of] them because we will eradicate this cancer from the body of this country and the state. They will not enjoy the right to life. They divided this nation, this Ummah [Islamic nation]. Our fight against them will continue until the end. We won’t leave them wounded.”

Turkey survived a military coup attempt on July 15 which killed over 240 people and wounded more than a thousand others. Immediately after the putsch, the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government along with President Erdoğan pinned the blame on the Gülen movement despite the lack of any evidence to that effect.

The Gülen movement strongly denies having any role in the putsch.

President Erdoğan — calling the coup attempt “a gift from God” — and the government initiated a widespread purge aimed at cleansing sympathizers of the movement from within state institutions, dehumanizing its popular figures and putting them in custody.

According to a statement from Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu on April 2, a total of 113,260 people have been detained as part of investigations into the Gülen movement since the July 15 coup attempt while 47,155 were put into pre-trial detention.

The AKP government and Erdoğan launched their war against the Gülen movement in late 2013 in the aftermath of the eruption of a corruption scandal in which Erdoğan’s close circle was implicated.

Erdoğan also accuses the movement of masterminding the corruption investigations to topple his government while the movement strongly denies the charge.


* Original title of the news has been changed by HN

 

Source: Turkish Minute , April 5, 2017


Related News

Former Hampton Roads physicist arrested after Turkey coup attempt

When Alicia Hofler of Newport News heard about terrorists bombing the Istanbul airport in June, she shot off an email to her old college friend, Serkan Golge, a NASA contractor in Houston.

Erdoğan to US: What verdict? What court for terrorists?

Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan said during a reception before his departure from New York on Thursday that a court trial is not necessary for US-based Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, whose teachings have inspired the Gülen movement, designated a terrorist organization and accused of plotting a failed coup in Turkey on July 15.

Exit strategy for the AKP

Hizmet’s Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV) reiterated last month, the AKP must, as soon as possible, start working towards EU reforms, the establishment of a fully democratic Turkey, the establishment of the rule of law, the most advanced fundamental rights and freedoms, equality of all before the law, a civilian constitution and a transparent state that can be held accountable.

Amnesty International: Malaysia’s extradition puts three Turkish men at risk of torture

“By sending these three men suspected of links to Fethullah Gülen back to Turkey, the Malaysian authorities have put their liberty and well-being at risk. They have already suffered a harrowing ordeal, being arbitrarily detained and held incommunicado. Now, they have been extradited to Turkey, where they could face arbitrary detention, unfair trial and a real risk of torture.”

Panel Discussion – The Gulen Schools In Central Asia

Kazakhstan’s President Nursultan Nazarbaev rather quickly defused the problem with Turkey by making a visit to Ankara to meet with President Erdogan. Nazarbaev did not agree to close down the Gulen schools in Kazakhstan, but he did promise to carefully scrutinize those running the schools and those teaching in them.

Fethullah Gülen always supported settlement process, lawyer says

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has always supported the settlement process aimed at ending decades of conflict in Turkey, his lawyer said on Sunday. “Gülen has always made positive statements about the [settlement] process,” Nurullah Albayrak, Gülen’s lawyer, said. Albayrak’s remarks were aimed at dismissing claims that Gülen was “sabotaging” the settlement process and supported […]

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Monitoring group documents 53 suspicious deaths since coup attempt

What is Islam’s Gulen movement? By Edward Stourton, BBC

Human Rights Watch: Emergency Decrees Facilitate Torture in Turkey

Fethullah Gülen undergoes successful cataract surgery

Turkish police detain al-Qaeda suspects

Alliance for Shared Values Statement on Detention of Turkish Nationals in Kosovo and Their Imminent Transfer to Turkey

Afghan leaders: Increase in Turkish schools would help bring about peace

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News