Fethullah Gülen’s Message of Condolences and Condemnation of the Terrorist Attack in Istanbul


Date posted: December 17, 2016

I condemn, in the strongest terms, the cruel terrorist attack carried out beside the Istanbul Beşiktaş Football Stadium that cost the lives of 44 of Turkish citizens, the majority of whom are members of the security forces.

I pray for mercy and forgiveness for those who lost their lives during the nefarious terrorist attack, especially the martyred police officers. I extend my condolences to their families and relatives and to people of Turkey. I pray for the quick recovery of the wounded.

Regardless of the perpetrators or their stated purposes, I once more condemn all forms of terrorism. The expectation of all citizens is that the perpetrators of this nefarious attack are caught and brought to trial as soon as possible and that all measures are taken to ensure that those who aim to set our people against each other are not given the opportunity.

It is devastating that terrorist groups carry out these menacing attacks while members of the security forces and judiciary who devote their careers and lives to combat terrorism are incarcerated for political reasons.

I pray that God the Merciful bring to our blessed country and to the entire world an atmosphere of peace and tranquility as soon as possible.

– Fethullah Gülen

Source: Alliance for Shared Values , December 12, 2016


Related News

A cami and cemevi together

TUĞBA AYDIN A groundbreaking ceremony for the first cultural complex in Turkey that will have both a cami (mosque) and a cemevi (Alevi place of worship) was held in Ankara on Sunday with the participation of Labor Minister Faruk Çelik, Alevi CEM Foundation President İzzettin Doğan, Republican People’s Party (CHP) Ankara deputy Sinan Aygün and […]

Erdoğan Is Destroying Turkey’s Hopes for Democracy

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s extra-legal roundup of scores of presumed supporters of the failed July 15 coup against his government is quickly taking its place in modern history alongside Stalin’s purges and China’s Cultural Revolution.

The Persecution of the Hizmet (Gülen) Movement in Turkey: A Chronicle

Since the outbreak of the corruption scandal in Turkey in December 2013, Prime Minister and then President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his government have been particularly targeting the Hizmet (Gülen) movement.

Escape from Turkey’s parallel reality

As a law-abiding citizen, I knew I had done nothing wrong to be stopped at the border. But in Turkey being a journalist from Zaman media group was enough for me to be considered an “enemy of the state.” And I was the editor-in-chief of Today’s Zaman which had been brutally taken over a few days earlier, earning me a suspended jail sentence for my tweets criticizing then-Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu.

Swinging between hope and despair – Opposing news from Yemen

Levent Koç* We are in an era where we are swinging between hope and despair. More things push us towards despair than what makes us hopeful. Recently, I read two news stories about Yemen; one hurt my hope, the other refreshed it. Yemen is a poor country, often mentioned in the world media because of […]

President Gul says debates over prep schools should not lead to ‘resentment’

Turkish President Abdullah Gül has said ongoing debates over a recent controversy over the government’s move to shut down prep schools should not lead to “resentment.” The government’s plan to ban private tutoring institutions that train students for high school and university entrance exams has divided society and led to fear among some segments of the public that socioeconomic differences may further affect students’ academic achievement after the closure.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Don’t be fooled by Hizmet conspiracy theories

Woman miscarried twins in prison, dead bodies not returned to family

Nigerian students win at global contests

Turkish Olympiad students sing Kurdish, Turkish songs in Diyarbakır

Turkish press council condemns false reports on Gülen movement

PM’s son: Dad, let’s initiate an operation against Hizmet’s senior members

Almost 1,000 officers removed from post in İzmir, Ankara

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News