Islamic scholar Gülen files libel case against PM Erdoğan
Date posted: February 3, 2014
İSTANBUL
Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen Hocaefendi has filed libel suit against Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for remarks Erdoğan made about him in his recent speechs, which Gülen’s lawyer say full of with derogatory and insolent remarks.
Gülen‘s lawyer Nurullah Albayrak said on Monday that Erdoğan moved beyond borders of freedom of expression and used excessively harsh insults against the Islamic scholar.
Gülen is demanding TL 100,000 in compensation for the allegedly denigrating remarks.
Fethullah Gülen: alleged coup mastermind – and friendly neighbor
Chuck Parker, who lives down the road from Fethullah Gülen, said: “When we have the traditional Thanksgiving, he has a dinner then. He also has a dinner for Ramadan.” He and many other residents have received invitations, which often come with a personal touch. “They usually hand deliver it, or one of the guys bring it over.”
GYV: PM’s discriminatory rhetoric undermines social peace
Arguments and discriminatory rhetoric used by the prime minister against the Hizmet movement spoil the emotional well-being of our people; undermine social peace and prepare the groundwork for violence by sowing the seeds of hatred in society, the Journalists and Writers Foundation (GYV) said in a forceful statement published on its website on Thursday.
600 complaints filed alleging slander, libel against Gülen
A total of 600 complaints have been filed against those who have slandered and libeled Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen since a major corruption and bribery investigation became public on Dec. 17 of last year.
The real issue is the National Security Council [in Turkey]
A recent report by the Taraf daily indicating that the National Security Council (MGK) had formed a plan to destroy the Gülen movement has sparked discussions. This is only natural, considering that the current political administration is known for its adherence to religious values. This report is huge news because the government failed to oppose the military in the MGK meeting.
Interview with Kimse Yok Mu Foundation’s President Ismail Cingoz
Kimse Yok Mu Foundation (KYM) President Ismail Cingoz spoke on Turkey’s helping hand extending to the world: “We involve approximately 10 thousand volunteers in our efforts. We have 97 thousand families that we have been consistently providing aid for. We are active in 103 countries regardless of their ethnicity, language, faith or color.” We talked […]
Scandalous return of Feb. 28
Hizmet movement lent full support to the AK Party in connection with critical issues such as the lawsuits against Ergenekon — a clandestine organization nested within the state trying to overthrow or manipulate the democratically elected government — and the e-memorandum of April 27, 2007.
Latest News
Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan
SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis
Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison
Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney
Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement
ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment
New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement
European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests
ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases
In Case You Missed It
Uplifting Orphans in Moldova
2,500 schools confiscated, 30,000 teachers dismissed over Gülen links
Hong Kong Anatolia Cultural & Dialogue Centre, Photography Competition 2015
We’ll kiss the hands of those who tell us our shortcomings
Professor Wagner: With Gülen, the key is love
“Somalis will remember your aid”
Legislators joined Peace Islands Institute to distribute meat during Eid al-Adha