Oil-rich Nigeria seeks Turkish energy, construction partnerships


Date posted: May 10, 2013

BUĞRA KARDAN

Turkish-Nigerian mutual trade could grow by leaps and bounds in the coming years as businesspeople from the two countries begin to show signs of greater interest in building partnerships and mutual investments.

The African country’s deputy chief of mission in Ankara, Foluso Oluwole Adeshida, accompanied by the deputy head of the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) Dahiru Muhammed Ardo and 150 Nigerian entrepreneurs, was in İstanbul to participate in a meeting organized by the Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON) on Thursday. The TUSKON-organized Turkey-Nigeria Trade and Investment Forum also hosted 350 Turkish businesspeople who are interested in creating business links with their Nigerian counterparts.

“Nigeria stands to be one of the largest trade partners for Turkey in Africa. … We have cultivated strong relationships both socially and politically and Turkish firms could benefit from this in the promising Nigerian markets of energy and construction,” the Nigerian government official said.

Underlining that the two countries expected to realize $5 billion in mutual trade in the mid term, Adeshida said his country expected to boost trade globally and that Turkish entrepreneurs could help improve Nigeria’s domestic manufacturing industry.

Mutual trade between Nigeria and Turkey neared $1 billion in 2012.

Also addressing the participants, TUSKON Chairman Rızanur Meral cited Nigeria on Thursday as the door to a surrounding market that has an annual trade of $700 billion.

“We place heavy importance on cementing trade and business ties with Nigeria in the months to follow. … We are eager to also branch out into third markets in Africa jointly with our Nigerian partners,” he said.

Source: Today’s Zaman, May 9, 2013


Related News

Baseless allegations damage publicly traded firms

The ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government has tried to scapegoat the Hizmet movement via conspiracy theories to evade attention stemming from the corruption allegations. A number of news stories broke soon after Ala’s claims, reporting that Bank Asya’s accounts were being scrutinized for misconduct.

Turkish Gov’t gears up to boost mutual trade with Ghana to $1 bln

GAMZE GÜL, İSTANBUL Economy Minister Zafer Çağlayan said on Wednesday at a forum organized by TUSKON that the government is gearing up to increase the mutual trade volume with Ghana from $550 million in 2012 to $1 billion in the next two years. Speaking to participants at the Turkey-Ghana Trade and Investment Forum organized by […]

TUSKON encourages businessmen to shift sights toward India

“India is a major player in the construction and textile industries, which are growing rapidly. There are serious opportunities to be found in the realm of precious stones, iron, steel, electrical appliances, fertilizer and chemical products. I highly recommend that Turkish businessmen evaluate these opportunities,” said Meral.

3rd Dialogue & Peace Iftar Dinner

3rd Dialogue & Peace Iftar Dinner on 10th July, 2014 at Sheraton Hotel, Abuja emphasized the importance of dialogue and peace between different religion members and nations. During the program Dialogue and Peace Awards were given in various categories to the people who served for dialogue and peace recently in Nigeria.

Turkish schools and businessmen mobilized for Izmir’s EXPO candidacy

The Turkish schools around the globe have been making great effort for Izmir’s EXPO 2020 win. The schools and businessmen have taken action so that Bureau of International Expositions committee opts for Turkey in the voting to take place in Paris on November 27th. “What is lost with Olympics can be made up for in EXPO,” Fethullah Gulen had earlier said.

Erdogan Budgets $150m To Displace Hizmet Schools In Africa

The motive behind Maarif Foundation is to use it as a tool to pressurize African countries to transfer ownership of Hizmet movement linked schools to the Maarif Foundation since the request for the closure of these schools were turned down for lacking in merit.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Aydan Meydan from Bosna Sema School won the “Inspiring Educator Award”!

Defamation campaign against Hizmet condemned by CSOs from across country

Thunder’s Enes Kanter says his father has been arrested and faces torture in Turkey

The Peace Islands Institute of New Jersey Awards Recognize Excellence

Mongolia’s Elite Schools sponsor reading halls at pediatric hospital

The businessman who sits on his cell phone to avoid wiretapping

British law firm hired by AK Party gov’t launches defamation campaign against Gülen movement

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News