Main opposition CHP says received no message from Fethullah Gülen

Republican People’s Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu
Republican People’s Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu


Date posted: December 9, 2013

ANKARA

The main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) has once more stated that its dialogue with the Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen movement had no difference from the dialogue that it has with other different segments of the society.

“No message has been conveyed to us from Pennsylvania,” CHP Deputy Chair Faruk Loğoğlu said on Dec. 9 at a press conference, referring to Gülen who resides in Pennsylvania, which he said as if it is commonly used in Turkish political discourse.

His remarks came in response to questions about a meeting between a CHP delegation led by the party’s leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu and Faruk Taban, head of the Turkic American Alliance (TAA), one of Gülen’s U.S.-based organizations. The meeting took place as part of Kılıçdaroğlu’s visit to the United States last week.

“It was a very transparent meeting. I wish the hosts would have invited the press too. Mr. Kılıçdaroğlu held contacts with a lot of institutions, organizations and civil society organizations in the US,” Loğoğlu said, adding that the TAA had extended an invitation to a breakfast meeting.

“Regarding what we discussed, they first gave a briefing on the activities of their organization and sub-organizations. The ‘dershaneler’ issue, even the ‘F’ letter of Fethullah Gülen didn’t come on the agenda,” Loğoğlu said, referring to last few weeks’ tension between the Gülen community and the government over the latter’s plans for “transformation” of “dershanes”, prep schools, into private schools.

Loğoğlu underscored that no plan was outlined for cooperation between the CHP and the Gülen community either

 

Source: Hurriyet Daily News , December 10, 2013


Related News

Foreign students express bewilderment over gov’t bid to close Turkish schools

Foreign students who are graduates of schools opened by Turkish entrepreneurs affiliated with the Hizmet movement all around the world, have expressed bewilderment over the government’s plan to shut down the schools, saying that the Turkish government is making a grave mistake in targeting these schools as they are renowned and praised for their high-quality education by foreigners.

Gülen condemns Reyhanlı attack as ‘villainy’

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gulen has described Saturday’s bloody terrorist attack in Hatay as “villainy” and called on the public to remain cautious and exercise common sense in the face of the bombings. In his latest weekly speech, broadcast on the website herkul.org, Gulen said the bombing in Hatay was more heinous an attack than an […]

UN praises Kimse Yok Mu for aid efforts in Somalia

Director of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) John Ging said in an interview on Thursday that Kimse Yok Mu and other Turkish NGOs’ aid efforts in Somalia should be praised.

AKP winning perception war !

The probe, which many predicted to be the end of the Justice and Development Party (AKP), has become a war of perception. If you google “graft,” “bribery” or “corruption” in Turkish, you will see the focus has already shifted to a concept so far unheard of in Turkish politics (the “parallel state”), reassigning public prosecutors and police officers to different posts, condemning all sorts of “disinformation” and changing laws governing the structure of the judiciary.

Dehumanize me Turkish-style — no comment

Following the Dec. 17 and 25 corruption investigations implicating Cabinet ministers and senior members of the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, his inner circle and pro-AK Party media have launched a concerted, collective and comprehensive dehumanization strategy against Fethullah Gülen and the Hizmet movement. What follows is a snippet of the type of language used without comment, as comment is not needed.

Erdoğan officially declares his despotism

Erdoğan delivered a speech that will be remembered as a disgrace in political history as he referred to the struggle against the Hizmet movement.He not only confessed that the government has been tyrannizing certain social segments but also openly revealed future illegalities.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

The gov’t in Turkey is committing genocide

Gülen: ‘Shame for military to stage coups but not to finish off the PKK’

25-year-old woman escapes Turkey’s witch-hunt as Bosnia grants asylum

33rd Abant Platform: whither Turkey?

Say What? Ankara Mayor Blames Gulenists for Shaking Turkey With an Earthquake

Worldview: No evidence, no extradition of Pa. cleric to Turkey

Cambodian PM congratulates students from Turkish high school on GENIUS Olympiad success

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News