Judge jails mother of three, threatens to arrest 3-month-old baby


Date posted: February 2, 2017

Ruled on the arrest of a mother of three children a judge in Kırşehir, Turkey, has threatened the relatives of the woman asking them to give up their complaints otherwise her 3-month-old would be the next target.

Yasemin Dağıstan and his husband Taner Dağıstan was dismissed from their positions as a result of Turkey’s post-coup purge which saw 124,000 people lose their jobs at state institutions in just 7 months.

Yasemin was a nurse at Kırşehir Public Hospital until she was sacked.

The judge in charge jailed both Taner and Yasemin, leaving their three kids including a newborn baby to fend for themselves.

According to Aktifhaber news portal, Yasemin’s relatives objected to the decision asking for the mother’s release due to potential harm to her children.

“Now that I listened to you all, leave me alone. If needed, I may get the baby arrested as well. If you go further, you could also be jailed. …Now, leave me alone. I have things to do,” Aktifhaber quoted the judge as talking to the relatives.

Turkey has already detained 90,000 people and arrested 43,000 over real or alleged links to the Gülen movement, which the government accuses of masterminding a coup attempt on July 15.

Yasemin was arrested for being a member of a labor union affiliated with the movement which denies any involvement in the coup attempt.

Source: Turkey Purge , February 2, 2017


Related News

Erdoğan isolates himself in power

Erdoğan is picky about journalists escorting him on board his official plane; he doesn’t like to see journalists asking annoying question around him anyway, but this time the criteria became really narrow. Umut Oran, Deputy Chairman of the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) asked the prime minister about his criteria, since Erdoğan excluded most popular papers like Hürriyet, Zaman, Posta, or critical ones like Sözcü, Cumhuriyet, Radikal, and whether the travel expenses of journalists from pro-government papers would be covered on the government budget.

Disabled woman loses health care due to son-in-law’s Gülen links

Ömer Faruk Gergerlioğlu, a member of parliament from Turkey’s left wing pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP), said the health care benefits of a gravely disabled woman were cut off because her son-in-law was a public servant dismissed from his job by government decree.

From Islamophobia to ‘Hizmet-phobia’

An important person who was praising an intellectual in Northwest Africa said, “I wish we [Turkey] had such scholars with far-reaching foresight.” He was right, because the intellectual that he mentioned provides an excellent example for others in his works and lifestyle. But he was also wrong in a sense, because we have several scholars […]

Once shut down by Taliban, now Afghan gov’t plans to hand over successful Turkish Schools to Turkish Gov’t

Afghanistan president Ashraf Ghani has agreed to hand over the Afghan-Turk schools, previously run by a pro-Gulen institution, to the Turkish Education Foundation which is a governmental institution. This step has, however, not been welcomed by the affected schools. Officials of the schools have warned that the move would lead to closing the schools and damage the quality of education.

ICG report praises reformist role Hizmet plays in [Kurdish] settlement process

A recent report released by the International Crisis Group (ICG) on Turkey’s efforts to address the Kurdish issue has praised the positive role the faith-based Hizmet movement plays in the settlement process. The report, titled “Crying Wolf: Why Turkish Fears Need Not Block Kurdish Reform,” released on Monday.

Pro-gov’t daily proudly announces Gulenists put in ‘concentration camp’

Gulenists under custody as part of an investigation into Turkey’s July 15 coup attempt are kept in a “concentration camp” near Kayseri province, pro-gov’t Turkish news portal Kayseri Haber reported on Aug 13.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Toward an Islamic enlightenment

Report: Turkey’s purge risks isolating its higher education from int’l academia

Kidnappers demand N100m for Turkish school victims

Turkish charities ready to deliver aid during Eid al-Adha

Persecution In Turkey Left Kids With A Down Syndrome Suffering Tremendously

In Blow to Erdogan, Turkish Court Halts Closing of Schools Tied to His Rival

Indonesian authorities request 100 more Turkish schools

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News