Autopsy proves Turkish military student’s throat slit during coup attempt, sister says


Date posted: October 10, 2016

Despite a relentless crackdown against any questioning of the government’s narrative regarding what really happened during a failed coup on July 15, second-year air force student Murat Tekin’s throat was slit by an angry mob, his sister has claimed, backing up her allegation with an autopsy report.

Graphic video footage showing a soldier lying on the Bosporus Bridge in a pool of blood was widely circulated on social media in the aftermath of the coup attempt. While many said the soldier’s throat was slit because of his involvement in the coup, pro-government media outlets and social media users either refused to accept the allegation or claimed that the video and accompanying images were from a separate terrorist explosion.


Related video: Who are these pro-Erdogan mobs who even beheaded a soldier?


Mehtap Tekin, the grieving sister, sent a letter to the Çağdaş Ses news platform on Oct. 4 claiming that an autopsy on the body of her slain brother proved that her brother was killed with a knife.

“We are taking you to the most realistic military exercise that you have ever seen,” commanders at the military school told students, according to Mehtap Tekin.

Twenty-one-year-old Murat Tekin had studied at Işıklar Military High School in Bursa for five years and then enrolled in the Air Force Academy in Istanbul last year, his sister said, adding that neither Murat nor his classmates was even aware of the coup attempt until they were in the middle of it.

Mehtap said friends of her brother told her about the night and how they were convinced they should gather on the Bosporus Bridge.

Some students were told that eight suicide bombers had been on the Istanbul streets, and some were told that the president had been arrested, according to Murat’s friends.

“With traumatic lesions and stab wounds detected on his body, the person in question was found to be killed due to pressure on his throat and mechanical asphyxia,” Mehtap quoted the autopsy on her brother as saying.

“I asked one of my doctor friends to help me understand the report more clearly, and she said: “He was battered, stabbed and asphyxiated before he was killed. Someone taped his mouth and someone put pressure on his throat. This is not the kind of trauma that is caused by only one person’,” Mehtap said.

She also said imams, who work for the state, refused to attend the funeral of her brother.

Source: Turkish Minute , October 9, 2016


Related News

Dozens detained in gov’t witch-hunt against Gülen movement

As part of an escalating witch-hunt against groups affiliated with the Gülen movement, the police have arbitrarily detained dozens of people across the country, including human rights defenders and philanthropists, using bullying tactics and unlawfully cuffing law-abiding citizens.

Will you overthrow the government or not?

This is a question no junta general asked his superior or counterpart. It was asked by a “journalist”: Emin Çölaşan. We are in 1997, in the aftermath of the Feb. 28 coup. MARKAR ESAYAN, Friday February 24, 2012 A short introduction for the uninitiated: On Feb. 28, 1997, as a result of a political crisis […]

Students visiting Turkey bid one another a teary farewell

Students who came to Turkey about four weeks ago to compete in the 11th International Turkish Olympiad — a competition in which Turkish speakers from around the globe recite poetry, write essays and sing songs — bid one another teary farewells during the Olympiad’s closing ceremony in İstanbul on Sunday night. The 11th International Turkish […]

Canadian Globe Editorial- It just gets worse in Turkey

We can reasonably hope that there won’t be any large-scale bloody purges, Stalin-style. But Turkey is likely to grow further away from Europe. The convenient travel visas to the rest of Europe, which many Turks have hoped for, may be a long time away.

Turkey squandered historic opportunity to achieve democracy, says Gülen

Stressing that In Turkey or elsewhere, authoritarian rulers have exploited the differences within the society to polarize various groups against each other, Gülen said “citizens should come together around universal human rights and freedoms and be able to democratically oppose those who violate these rights.”

Ministry of Education denies authorizing raid on Gülen-inspired schools

The Ministry of Education denied on Tuesday having authorized a raid on private schools inspired by the faith-based Gülen movement that was conducted nearly two months ago in an official written statement sent in response to an objection submitted to the ministry by a lawyer representing the school group.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Azerbaijan’s Turkish Schools celebrates 20th anniversary

Why would Gulen choose to attempt a coup that’s contrary to all his views?

Students from Turkish school send pocket money to needy ones in Nepal

Gülen movement discussed at EP in light of recent political developments in Turkey

Bediüzzaman on the Armenian issue

Turkey’s failed coup could worsen Nigeria’s recession

Turkey, The great purge – Four lives upturned by Erdogan’s ‘cleansing.’ Episode 1 – Asli

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News